R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfering Meduims  (Read 3896 times)

Unity~Sound

Transfering Meduims
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:49 PM »

What could be a feasible way the convert a 48bit or MP3 recording to vinyl record? IS it possible as the mediums are so different to begin with, is it going in the wrong direction? Thoughtson what could be utilized
Cmm

John Suitcase

Re: Transfering Meduims
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »

Well, you can convert from anything to anything, but the quality may suffer. How much? You'd have to try it and see!

Try a mastering engineer that does vinyl, and see what happens. Here in Phoenix, Roger at SAE was still cutting vinyl masters last time I was over there:

http://saemastering.com

Gold

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »

I've cut mp3 sources to lacquer. There is nothing that inherently would prevent this. The roll off above 15k actually helps in the transfer.
Paul Gold
Salt Mastering

Waltz Mastering

• Real Full Name: Tom Waltz
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:47:17 AM »

I've cut mp3 sources to lacquer. There is nothing that inherently would prevent this. The roll off above 15k actually helps in the transfer.
I've found, with the very little research that I've done with mp3's that 128 and 192 kbps mp3's roll off around 15-16k while 256 and 320 kbps mp3's roll off around 18k.

Fletcher

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 07:00:54 AM »

Audio is a "game of inches" with each "inch" being exponentially more expensive than the inch before... be it in the cost of the hardware or the cost of storage... which makes the 15-16kHz rolloff vs. an 18kHz rolloff make sense to me.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.