R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: When & How To Get Sleep  (Read 7930 times)

Fletcher

Re: When & How To Get Sleep
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2004, 10:27:50 AM »

Ya know... after the socio-economic discussion is over, the thread is still about sleep...

Jersey Kosinski had an interesting way to go about it... part of the legend [unless I hear it from the source, I consider it legend] was that Jersey used to sleep from 4pm-8pm every day and from 4am-8am every day... apparently there is nothing worthwhile going on during those hours so you might as well sleep through them.

In thinking about the whole "not getting turned around" thing, if you have the freedom to try to adopt that kind of schedule, it might be worthy of investigation.  I know I've always felt an energy lull around 4 in the afternoon so it just might be a fairly reasonable idea [or not].
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Carnac

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2004, 11:54:51 AM »

I've read somewhere that the first four hours are the most effective for repairing tissues and getting the body and mind back to a rested condition. Regarding efficiency of time those 2 well spaced apart four hour sessions would seem to provide more repair than a continuous eight.
Cory

PP

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2004, 12:24:07 AM »

Level

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2004, 12:27:44 AM »

Sticking to my schedule, 1130 here PM and loading a mixdown!

The mixdown I was sent was bleeding my ears on vox and the snare needed more snap...so mixing time to get to mastering..

All in a "daze" work (pun certainly intended)

http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.