R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mewithoutYou  (Read 1436 times)

redelephant

mewithoutYou
« on: October 15, 2004, 03:12:53 PM »

Not sure if anyone is familiar with mewithoutYou. They are a christian hardcore band on Tooth And Nail. They really surprised me the first time I heard them, because A. I am not a christian (not a fair basis to judge music IMO anyway) and B. I do not like hardcore (or the new kind of hardcore). They evoke a whole different emotion then one would expect, and I sense a true difference between them and the other 10000000 other hardcore bands.

Anyway.. their new CD came out last week.

Recorded at Brad Wood's home studio in CA. Brad Wood is one of my favorites, so it was almost as cool to hear this disc as it was to hear the last one, which was produced by J. Robbins at Inner Ear.

The new CD sounds like a J. Robbins disc to me. In particular it sounds like the new Red Animal War cd. Natural drums, interesting vocal treatments and a boat load of percussion.

Any opinions?

Bo

Re: mewithoutYou
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 03:39:49 PM »

I like the album - but I would mention that they are barely hardcore.  Not at all really - but the production suits the band really well.  They put on an amazing live show - absolutely incredible.
"knifing prostitots - one at a time"

mogwailoveyou

Re: mewithoutYou
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 05:45:53 PM »

i agree, they are a more indie emo screamo band, but much more intelligent than the likes of poison the well, thursday, etc. interesting that a tooth and nail band would be MORE intelligent than their counterparts... not to say that t&n hasn't had some great bands... starflyer 59, pedro the lion, damien jurado, joe christmas, danielson famile... then again all of those bands sans sf59 think that brandon ebel is satan himself...
mogwai love you and need you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.