R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SPDIF/MBP M2/Dock thoughts?  (Read 343 times)

STILL

• Real Full Name: Wade Biery
  • I record and stand near stars onstage
SPDIF/MBP M2/Dock thoughts?
« on: April 15, 2023, 02:21:17 PM »

Hey all, it’s been a number of years since I’ve been around, but I’m getting back into recording again after quite a long time of being away from music/Covid/touring as a bassist vocalist for fairly well-known people blah blah blah…
Anyways, I just bought one of those new MacBook Pro 14 inch with an M2 chip, I use Logic, and I have a pair of what are now older Lucid a/D 9624 converters, which have always sounded great to me. At the time that I got them I went deep into clocking/jitter/dither, etc., which is some thing that I actually am sadly pretty sensitive to, and ended up buying those as the best balance between really good clocks and affordability.
I think it’s pretty likely that the clocking has gotten better over the years since, and so I basically have two questions…

1) is it possible to buy a dock for the M2 that would include an optical SPDIF connection, and continue to use my current converters as either primary converters, or in addition to some new converters, and if so I’m looking for any dock recommendations….

2) what are anyone’s recommendations for the current crop of prosumer ($1k-ish ballpark) converter interfaces that most importantly have really good clocking, because, as I’ve said, I’m pretty sensitive to jitter and what it can do to the overall depth in the sound field and tails of reverbs, etc. in the roughly $1k ballpark?

Ideally, it would have four channels, but two in two out is OK, and it would be nice if I could piggyback my current lucid converters into it via SPDIF if it’s possible, and while it’s not necessary, it wouldn’t bother me if it had some on board DSP..but it’s not a requirement.

From what I’ve seen using Logic this thing is gonna have WAY plenty horsepower to do anything I’m gonna need to do, so onboard DSP is not a big consideration.

Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.