R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terry, Ross, W.W., JJ etc.  (Read 7566 times)

Mark Fuller

Terry, Ross, W.W., JJ etc.
« on: January 22, 2011, 02:17:56 AM »

Where is everyone?

I don't see familiar and oft-posting voices, The archive is elsewhere (which SUCKS/is inconvenient to search for info.)

Maybe it's premature to say so, but this is a huge loss if this forum gets totally re-vamped, if  Terry and Ross aren't mod's, if Bob O. and JJ and Whitman and Terry and Ross and Carter and on and on aren't around. Tons of others...

Damnit!

It's been 6 days since I "reregistered" and went thru that hassle, found the archives, etc.

No offense to those who've posted thus far-this is how it seems to me after a week.

Mark

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Supermod
Re: Terry, Ross, W.W., JJ etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »

There is no "archive" yet, the old version of the forums are still operating as always. They will continue at least through Feb as this site operates in "beta mode". As of now, not everyone has registered here. As we get closer to the closing of the old site, and it being converted into an archive, I'm sure registration here will pick up.

Mac

klaus

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:47:44 AM »

You seem like just my kinda fella to invite to a party:
As soon as there's a clogged toilet, not only are you outta here in a hurry, but, after a quick visit across the street, you make sure to let everyone else know it, too: Yep, the party is now over THERE! (And we are all dunces stupid enough to stick around, fix what's broken, and make our place livable again.)

Thanks, buddy, for helping out. See you around!

KH
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:32:16 AM »

Where is everyone?

I don't see familiar and oft-posting voices, The archive is elsewhere (which SUCKS/is inconvenient to search for info.)

Maybe it's premature to say so, but this is a huge loss if this forum gets totally re-vamped, if  Terry and Ross aren't mod's, if Bob O. and JJ and Whitman and Terry and Ross and Carter and on and on aren't around. Tons of others...

Damnit!

It's been 6 days since I "reregistered" and went thru that hassle, found the archives, etc.

No offense to those who've posted thus far-this is how it seems to me after a week.

Mark

Hi Mark - it may be 6 days since you registered... but its about 6 days before this part of the site opens!!!  In the meanwhile please feel free to wander around backstage... if you find yourself in catering... please feel free to grab a nosh!!!

Terry and Ross decided to move on, unfortunate but they're grown men and they made the decision.  At the moment the site is going through some auditions... we should have a hell of a band here on "opening day".  I can't let too much out of the bag at the moment but I think you will find the "new" guys just as much fun as the old guys.

Today is Wednesday the 23rd of February... in about 6 days time [March 1st] the theory is that this will be off and running.  There are like 5 or 6 phone calls left to make... need to clean up the drywall dust from the construction process... move a bunch of the content from the old software over to this forum set and we'll be good as gold in no time!!!

Hang in there bro... it will be more than worth the wait, or double your money back!!!!

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Former Oceanway drone

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:27:42 AM »

I will miss Terry and WW quite a bit. They were grown-ups in a sea of children and, occassionally, childish behavior. Hopefully things will not degrade too much. I have one request: please disallow all anonymous posting. If you can't sign your name to it, you shouldn't be allowed to write it here.

Cheers,

Alan Tomlinson

Fletcher

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 11:46:23 AM »

Hey Alan [and others who share the same concerns!!!] -- today [March 1st 2011] is pretty much "day 1".  There has been a new registration page that will hopefully be installed by the end of today that mandates real name, professional affiliation and contact information.

All of the moderators and administrators here share the thought that everyone should be 100% accountable for what they post... that REAL names and contact information need to be provided to insure that accountability. 

There are a few things that are still in a bit of flux - we will hopefully have them at least 95% sorted out in the next 48 hours so please hang in there.  We will hopefully be able to provide truly professional forums that are dedicated to the craft... not to snot nosed students who learned 60-70% of what was taught at "kordin' skool" and are trying to regurgitate bullshit myths they learned from a failed bar-room FOH guy that has managed to become the king of the audio department at the local Banjo Mart.

The only constant in life is change... our goal is to take the opportunity afforded us by the change of platform software to change R/E/P for the better.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

J.J. Blair

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 10:11:02 AM »

I'm still here.  Just not moderating.

Extreme Mixing

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »

I'm here too.  Whoo hooo.

Anyway, change is good and hopefully this will remain a good place to stop by for a chat.  The new moderators are very good choices.

Steve

Fletcher

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 09:14:30 AM »

Well - with "week one" in the books we're not as far along as I would have liked in terms of "infrastructure" stuff... moving over old posts / discussions, locking down the old set with a pointer to the new set... stuff like that... but on the whole, I'm quite liking the ease of use and general vibe. 

If you have any thoughts on how to make this set even better please post them here!!

Peace.
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

bigbone

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »

So far i like it, keep up the good work Fletcher and the gang.

JN
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.