R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AKG C414EB Capsule Swap  (Read 1672 times)

ratite

AKG C414EB Capsule Swap
« on: December 23, 2020, 08:55:22 AM »

Over the holidays I plan to finally install Tim Campbell CT12's in my EB's.I understand how to remove the original capsule and mount but just looking at it I don't see how to remove the two thinner white wires that attach on the outer edge of each backplate.The wires run through gaps in the nylon surround and I can't guess the approach without getting everything out of the headshell.Does the nylon surround snap open into 2 halves?What is the trick?
Merry Yultide!!

klaus

Re: AKG C414eb Nylon Capsule swap disassembly
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 01:43:24 PM »

If, as I assume, Tim's CK12 copy is constructed like AKG's original CK12 bass version, only ONE wire is needed for the backplate lead-out, as both backplate halves are electrically combined.

That means, you either cut the two thin white wires where they enter the old Nylon capsule (each one goes to one of the to backplate halves), strip the jackets, twist the raw copper wires together and solder both to the same center lead out eyelet of the replacement capsule, or you unsolder both white wires from the circuit board and install a new wire at that juncture to connect to the CK12 replacement eyelet.

I am sure that Tim can provide installation hardware, if needed
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Tim Campbell

Re: AKG C414eb Nylon Capsule swap disassembly
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 03:43:31 PM »

Thanks Klaus. Yes Ratite. Please contact me and I will help you with this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.