R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Groove Tube's "The Brick"  (Read 3022 times)

mr. moon

Groove Tube's "The Brick"
« on: September 14, 2004, 09:55:49 AM »

Hi. I'm looking for an entry level "real" (non-starved-plate) tube preamp, and found references to "The Brick" manufactured by Groove tubes. Looks good, but I would like to hear from some of those who have worked with it a bit to get some opinions regarding it. I would check it out locally, but none of the shops in town carry this as a stock item and will only special order it if I decide to purchase it. I'd rather not purchase something like this without hearing it ...or at least reading some feedback from those who are more "in the know" with higher-end pre's than myself.

Da Brick: http://www.groovetubes.com/product.cfm?Product_ID=2084

Danke

-mr moon

hargerst

Re: Groove Tube's "The Brick"
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 10:23:44 PM »

I haven't hear the brick, but if it's anything like the Vipre, it should be a pretty good unit.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

mr. moon

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 02:57:13 PM »

FYI. I received a PM from Fletcher about this unit, and I thought that others may be interested in what he had to say about it since I see quite a few people have checked out this thread and appear to be interested in The Brick.

My original message to Fletcher:
"...I see that you carry Groove Tubes pre's, but not The Brick. Any reason for this...? Any reason I should avoid The Brick like the plague?"

Fletchers reply:
"Yeah... we just haven't gotten it up on the site yet... we tried it, it's OK. It's not a TAB/Telefunkenwerks V-71 by any stretch of the imagination... but it don't suck."

Hope this helps!

-mr moon

P.S.- Fletcher, if you have any problems with me posting this info, I can remove this message ASAP.

hethaerto

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 09:28:44 PM »

I'm sure it's better than my Audio Buddy (which is slowly coming apart), so I really want a "brick".
I think it'd be cool if it had a handle on top like the new Millenia multi-unit.
Allen
Allen Walker
760-608-3543

I Make Demos Bitch Studio

"Let me turn your dreams into mud"

Y.Landrian

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 03:57:10 PM »

I tested this unit when i worked at GC. It sounded alil bit better then the presonus MP20 pre that i like alot. On male voices it had some character which was good. Not alot of shine though so if your looking for something like the MILLINIA pieces this is far from it.

Fletcher

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 11:21:45 AM »

mr. moon wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 14:57

P.S.- Fletcher, if you have any problems with me posting this info, I can remove this message ASAP.

Bro, if I had any problems with you posting the info I could have removed it... it's one of the little privledges that come with my "administrator" status...

FWIW... the Brick is showing itself to be a damn cool event in our world... I think it's a very cool and valuable addition to the roster.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.