R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Open Letter To The CEO Of Sweetwater  (Read 1697 times)

klaus

An Open Letter To The CEO Of Sweetwater
« on: January 28, 2020, 12:13:13 AM »

Hello Chuck,
We had a perfectly pleasant phone conversation after I had sent you the August 24, 2019 email.
Your response and stated willingness to adapt and help Sweetwater become more environmentally conscious had given me hope that you not only understand the consequences excessive packaging presents for our environment, but that you were actively working on reducing it.

It is disappointing to me to realize that you haven't done a thing about it since: you still use the same excessive, non-recyclable packaging for tiny parts as you did before (see photo).

This wastefulness directly contradicts the image you promote of your company as peopled by compassionate individuals who "deliver your order with as much value as possible". Adding over-sized, non-recyclable packaging to landfills is not a value in my life, and hopefully not in any of your customers'.

I had pointed out that DuPont's Tyvek pouches, which come in various sizes, are super-lightweight, close to indestructible, and fully recyclable (DuPont takes them back for free, collected and sent in the mail, in a Tyvek pouch) is but one step forward.

It would be nice for you to get with the program, finally.

Sincerely, Klaus Heyne
Corbett, OR

Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

klaus

Re: An Open Letter To The CEO Of Sweetwater
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 04:06:02 PM »

A couple of email exchanges have been had since the above opening salvo, but Sweetwater continues to claim that their plastic-coated cardboard is recyclable.
In Oregon, it's not, and I cannot imagine that it is anywhere else: separating plastic coating from cardboard is hard or impossible.

But it seems that they are taking my inquiries seriously after all, and promise to implement changes in packaging size in the future.

The elephant in the room remains that their packaging continues ending as landfill.
Considering that they are one of the biggest music mail order companies in the world, that's plain scary.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

afterlifestudios

• Real Full Name: John Raham
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 12:42:29 AM »

Thank you, Klaus!  We should all take note.

Jim Williams

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 12:00:09 PM »

As a recycler myself it saddens me to find that most of the recycled cardboard is no longer recycled since China has refused to take it like they once did. I still fill the recycle containers with it but I'm afraid it will end up in our local landfills because no one else will take it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.