R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modified m269s on ebay  (Read 136 times)

mikezietsman

• Real Full Name: Mike Zietsman
Modified m269s on ebay
« on: October 10, 2019, 07:06:59 am »

I'm not sure if it is in the scope of this forum but please could we have a discussion about these microphones:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-Pair-of-Vintage-Neumann-M269-Microphones-Mics-with-cases-cables-and-PSU/123823697475?hash=item1cd477ae43:g:3SAAAOSwd8hdHVm7

"Factory modified with ef86 to avoid the hassle and expense of ac701k"

As an owner of an unmodified u67 and m269c I know how similar they sound. But surely this modification makes these mics into u67s?

And even though they are factory modified surely there would a be a corresponding drop in value? Or maybe these are just u67s with m269 bottom bells?

Given the "factory modified" line I would personally expect more detailed info about the power supplies and modifications (as well as pictures?)

Anyways, I am not interested in purchasing the microphones but it is an interesting discussion (at least I think)

klaus

Re: Modified m269s on ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 02:45:02 pm »

Too little visual information to make an educated guess as to the validity of the conversion and the effect on value: no capsule, inside amp or power supply views. Also: the connectors are no longer Tuchel, but East German copies which are not compatible with Tuchels

If the mics were "factory" converted to U67, there should be Neumann-issued documentation. If not, the value drops, and the mics' intrinsic (usable) value will be your base line for pricing.

Also: always  think of the other end of any Frankenstein deal, i.e. when it's YOUR time to sell: how much explaining will you have to do?

Take all of this into consideration before you bid.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up