R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Location of AKG C24 serial number?  (Read 3043 times)

jstaczek

• Real Full Name: Jason Staczek
Location of AKG C24 serial number?
« on: October 31, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »

Hello,

I'm trying to locate the serial number on a C24. It is not stamped on the shell as I see in many photos, and I can't seem to find it elsewhere with the naked eye. Can anyone tell me where I should be looking? Photos of the mic in question are here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TX6XBrpL2YP7nLMo9

Thanks,

- Jason

klaus

Re: Location of AKG C24 serial number?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »

Jason,
You will not find a serial number on this C24 MKI, because its housing tube was changed out, many years after it was issued. And, unlike most C12, there was no additional serial number embossed on this model's connector barrel.

From the photos it looks like it's been extensively serviced by James Gangwer in the East Bay. I would therefore strongly advise to contact him: some C24 refurbished with replacement housings (which were likely supplied by AKG, or the mic was serviced by AKG) may also miss the original CK12 capsules*, with Teflon/Nylon CK12 as replacement, so he may have more information.

*James probably would not have done that- he is meticulous about restorations and respects authenticity in vintage mics- but it may have been done at some time prior.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 18 queries.