R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heisermann Capsules  (Read 3619 times)

Mickeyrouse

• Real Full Name: Mickey Rouse
Heisermann Capsules
« on: July 14, 2018, 05:07:06 PM »

Does anyone around here have any experience with the Heiserman HK-47 capsule?  More expensive than the Chinese capsules ( of which Oliver Archut was reasonably complimentary), but much less than the real McCoy.

Avgatzeblouz

• Real Full Name: Manuel MARIE
Re: Heisermann Capsules
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 09:36:37 AM »

I had one in a DIY U47. Way different than an original one, much more open. Quite a nice capsule, but not a K47. Heiserman himself said on a forum it was not a sonic clone, more of a personnal take on it.

gtoledo3

• Real Full Name: George Toledo
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 06:48:19 AM »

I notice that he states that his build uses dual backplates, like a 67.

I wonder if he’s making that part? Even a lot of supposed ck12 clones from Asia take an approach where they just modify k67 clone parts.

Makes me wonder if Heiserman’s k47 is doing a similar thing. Just taking k67 clone sub parts and making them into a “k47” (however that works). Sometimes makers that flirt with Asian sub parts will just tune a k67 to a lower tension and say “its like a k47 now!”.

eheiserman

• Real Full Name: Eric Heiserman
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 04:01:56 PM »

Hey all,
I thought I would chime in here.. I will try and stay technical as I can. I don't want to make this an add. :)
So my k47 ish capsule was really just a fun experiment at first that actually sounded pretty good. So a little history.
All of my machining is done in the states by a local guy here in NC, I have him disk off the brass and add the more complicated small threading that I can do on my machine so I essentially get blanks with no holes drilled for 87/67 style capsules. Then I drill the holes on the face. Anyway long story short is I wanted a capsule and only had the 67 style blanks, thought why not give a 47 hole pattern a try. As I'm sure you all know one half of a 67 is only around 4mm thick and a true k47 is 6mm or so.. I had to play with hole size depth etc to get it to sound good but so far I am happy. It's not a true k47 by any stretch. It's a bit more modern sounding, more 10k and above really, But the over all sound is pretty close. Great in a fet47.  No clone parts here.. 100% usa.

Piedpiper

• Real Full Name: Tim Britton
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 12:26:19 AM »

Eric, what say you of your CK12? And anyone else want to share their experience with them?
row row row your boat...

Pied Piper Productions
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 24 queries.