R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magnetone  (Read 2556 times)

Piedpiper

• Real Full Name: Tim Britton
Magnetone
« on: February 04, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »

I've just become aware of a Devon Haas who runs an operation in Buckingham, Pennsylvania where he manufactures and modifies a few audio pieces including his version of the M49, one of my favorite mics. Does anyone here have any experience with him or his products or mods?
row row row your boat...

Pied Piper Productions

klaus

Re: Magnetone
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »

He may be from a different planet, as I deduct from his singular post on Gearslutz:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/1168482-sudden-gain-loss-tube-mic-sontronics-omega.html

"there is something happening in our atmosphere that is not being reported. Pro builders will not report this- due to 'vulnerability' issues and ego*. I lost 10 db in my world class** M49 with teflon*** caps and a monster psu..no warning!
(...)
We have a NUMBER of brown dwarfs in the solar system causing havoc with our climate. 41 volcanoes erupting and a steady rise of global quakes from 4500 avg. per year to 118,400 in 2014- when they closed down the USGS geosurvey legacy listing.
As they connect via that black hole you see on them, plasma encircles magnetic field lines forming a close loop with huge coronal holes. This changing magnetic field induces current in our core and mantle! Power station transformers are being blown out left and right.
Key? With 2 plasma field or solar winds colliding and ionizing helium3/4 by their presence in our atmosphere, a Fission Cascade results"

*    I did not report this, not due to my ego, but due to my utter ignorance about plasma fields and black holes
**  shoot me if I ever refer to my work as "world class"
*** I hate them. They just don't sound good, even though they are the most expensive kind you can buy
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Piedpiper

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:38:35 PM »

ummm... I'm speechless... thanks... I think...
row row row your boat...

Pied Piper Productions

afterlifestudios

• Real Full Name: John Raham
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:07:55 PM »

Wow.  Now I kind of want to hear something...

Piedpiper

row row row your boat...

Pied Piper Productions

klaus

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 01:55:43 PM »

Looks like a lot of thought went into this design. I feel flattered - he uses my "cardioid only" relay system first introduced in the KHE, and the term "reedy" for which I was ridiculed twenty years ago.

But the proof is of course in the pudding:
"West German M7" - what is that supposed to be?  With its green tape it looks to me like a Thiersch M7. If so, no chance for this thing to sound any good: regardless the sophistication of the rest of the design, everything rises and falls with the capsule- THE bottleneck in any condenser mic. But hopefully I am mistaken, and there is a new shop in West Berlin making PVC capsules?

Another mystery: what tube? The photo shows something that looks like a solid state tube emulation?
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Piedpiper

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 05:32:32 PM »

He offers a Neumann K47/49 capsule for an upcharge. He also mentions including two tubes by Mullard. Must be around the back of that photo.
row row row your boat...

Pied Piper Productions
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.