R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL kickoff weekend  (Read 3626 times)

JPRisus

NFL kickoff weekend
« on: September 13, 2004, 02:15:57 AM »

Well? Am i the only diehard football fanatic on PSW? Am I the only one who enjoyed TODAY more than my birthday, christmas, and new year's combined?

Any surprises/expectations/predictions? I'm a diehard Raider fan, and got to see a good game today, They lost, but it could have gone either way, and considering Pittsburgh looked back to their old selves as well, I don't feel so bad about it. It's a rebuilding year anyway, a winning record will be my championship.

San Diego and Cleveland upsetting their heavily favored opponents, Denver and KC back-and-forth into the endzones (man i freakin HATE Denver!), Eagles looking better than ever with TO and Kearse earning their keep, Giants and Dallas doing what everyone expected them to do, Joe Gibbs winning a game after 12 years on the golf course, and Detriot snapping a 24-game road losing streak against division rival Chicago.  

All in week one. And a great Monday night matchup to boot.

This is gonna be one hell of a season!

Win, lose, or tie, RAIDERS til I die!
J.P. Sheganoski
Engineer/Mixer
www.RisusProductions.com
Purevolume.com/risusproductions

Henri Devill

Re: NFL kickoff weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 09:28:02 AM »

Rave on brother! Great games last week!This week we got Arizona{Pats fan}...They scare me Shocked
Don

JPRisus

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 04:41:55 PM »

I'm really looking forward to Monday night, Eagles and Vikings. I grew up hating the hometown Giants and took a liking to the Eagles back in the late-80s Buddy Ryan era. Any Eagle success is great to see, unless it involves beating my Raiders!

I wouldn't worry too much about Arizona... Green will turn them around, but against the Pats? that's a tall order. Who knows though, if it gets close, maybe you'll get another 'tuck rule' (luck rule) called! Rolling Eyes

I feel for Peyton Manning... Pats last week, Titans this week, and Packers in week 3... time for their defense to step up. Otherwise they're gonna have a tough climb back to the AFC championship game, and it's gonna be put on Peyton's shoulders.

Denver scares me this year... i hate them with a passion and they looked great last week.  Shannahan knows how to run 'em, thats for damn sure. He still reminds me of an angry Lepruchan though.

J.P. Sheganoski
Engineer/Mixer
www.RisusProductions.com

Kevinc

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:27:46 PM »

JPRisus wrote on Mon, 13 September 2004 02:15

Well? Am i the only diehard football fanatic on PSW? Am I the only one who enjoyed TODAY more than my birthday, christmas, and new year's combined?

NO !

YOUR NOT !

See here   http://marsh.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/2923/?SQ=e3d1e0b9e4 c9ab3eb70e044a2d081faa

Bastards made a mockery of my football thread.

I`m from the Boston area so you can guess who I`m rooting for.

With Corey Dillon at running back I think we`ll be more or less unstopable this year.

I`d say we may even go undefeated but I`d like to get 8 under our belt before I make a cocky claim like that.  Laughing

I agree with the Eagles looking pretty sharp this year.
Washington with Portis should be pretty good too.

Even the Jets with Pennington healthy and Curtis Martin tearing it up the first couple games look kind of scary.

I`m the kind of guy that works hard all week getting everything taken care of so I can sit on the couch and watch 3 GAMES on Sunday sometimes switching between them.

It makes the end of summer not seem so bad here.

- Kev

JPRisus

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 06:46:03 PM »

Kevinc wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 19:27

See here    http://marsh.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/2923/?SQ=e3d1e0b9e4 c9ab3eb70e044a2d081faa

Bastards made a mockery of my football thread.

Ah screw 'em... let's see them tailgate and try to pull this shit.

SOCCER SUCKS.  Go ahead, rip me apart smartasses! I'd like to see any of you cross the middle when i played safety!

BTW, as much as Red Sox fans hate the Yanks and their fans, you Pat fans are turning into a monster of the same caliber, slowly but surely. I mean, after all, the Yanks won in '96 due to a controversial call leading up to the championship... just like you guys in '01! heh

No i will never let the 'tuck rule' game go... i will be in my death bed, and my last word will be 'fumble". We would have easily won that year if it weren't for that play. Pittsburgh and St. Louis had no chance in hell.

On the plus side, I bet against the spread in the superbowl that year, so it kinda worked out ok anyway. except that it gave you Boston folk something to be proud of. That should have ended with Larry Bird.

Jets look great this year... my whole family (except me) loves them, so i end up following them by default. I wish them the best, except against the Raiders.  Chad and C-Mart look sharp, defense is a little 'eh' but could work out great. Offensive line might be the best in the game.

Redskins dissapointed me this past weekend.. they had every oppurtunity to beat the Giants and blew it with turnovers.

Miami and Cincinatti might have been the most boring 55 minutes of football i've ever seen, but the end was fun.

Eagles looked great, and it was the running game (surprise!) that helped them win. Go figure.

J.P. Sheganoski
Engineer/Mixer
www.RisusProductions.com

Kevinc

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 03:54:27 PM »

I`ll get to your other points soon enough JPR but for starters that Green Bay vs. Indianapolis game looks like a doozy and a half. Two great quarterbacks and two great runningbacks. Too much fun for me !

Hope you guys get that game out west !
- Kev

JPRisus

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 07:25:50 PM »

Kevinc wrote on Sun, 26 September 2004 15:54

I`ll get to your other points soon enough JPR but for starters that Green Bay vs. Indianapolis game looks like a doozy and a half. Two great quarterbacks and two great runningbacks. Too much fun for me !

Watching it right now too... great stuff!

KC 0-3! Whodathunkit?

(PS -  don't think anything of my Boston sports ramblings, i'm just full of hot air on the subject!) Razz
J.P. Sheganoski
Engineer/Mixer
www.RisusProductions.com

Fletcher

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 11:56:45 PM »

There is a reason M-A is in Foxboro [home of the currently 5-0 Patriots]... the reason has nothing to do with football... but we like to think that Foxboro is the home of the underestimated winners.

Bring on the Jets, bring on Pittsburgh, fuck the '72 Dolphins...

In Bill we trust!!
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Kevinc

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 01:40:53 PM »

Most of this teams greatness really does seem to be because of Billicheck and his ability to come up with different schemes each and every game to keep a step ahead of the opponents. The guys like some kind of chemist or something as opposed to some of these coaches who seem like they`re stuck in the 50`s with their play calling.

The other thing is with the salary cap keeping teams to just a few "great" players with huge egos Bill and staff went a different route and just stocked up on "above average" players at allmost EVERY position who are relatively egoless and diligent about their roles. The thing is when you get all these players together they make for a better team and every week it seems like we`ve got a new superstar making key big plays.

We had like 1 guy in the pro bowl last year and we`ve won 20 straight. All the other teams have the same 3 guys in the highlight reels every week while we`ve got a different cast each week.

It`s way too soon to say but I`d be really shocked if anybody can take this team down this year with the addition of Corey Dillon and other key changes.

If they keep this staff intact we will dominate for years. Unfortunately I`ve allready heard rumors of some of the key guys wanting to take head coaching jobs other places. Kind of sad when you think of what could happen if they stayed around.

- Kev
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.