R/E/P > Recording - Engineering & Production

4 or 8 compressors

(1/3) > >>

jdier:
I am a hobbyist with 16 channels of SCA N72's running into my Aurora 16.    I have some random compressors but not enough for when I track a band.

I am short on space so I cannot pick up 4 or 8 1176's.   I am wondering if anyone is aware of any rackmount multi channel compressors.   When I search I tend to come up with options that seem pointed at live sound.

I have considered buying another SCA rack and building 4 or 8 of their comps but I do not know much about them.

I would be happy to get 8 RNC's or 1176's in a 1U or 2U 19 rack.   

Does what I want exist?

Fletcher:
The FMR Audio PBC-6A is the physical size of an RNC and the sonic size of a good LA-2A... then again, I'm a bit biased as it was designed for me a decade or so ago when I still worked at Mercenary Audio [notice the face panel colors... if you ever heard of Mercenary, that was its color scheme].

At the end of the day -- the linking functions are extraordinary [yes, it can do 5.1], the sonic textures are phenomenal... and the general audio quality is totally professional [not that the RNC's isn't... but PBC-6A's is a damn sight better].  For what you get in a little box -- you can't beat the "bang for the buck" factor... this thing is way more versatile and far better sounding than an 1176 [unless you get one that has been through the Record Plant, Media Sound, or Power Station modifications... but those ones are few and far between... and expensive as fuck IF you can find one].

Peace

jdier:
Thanks Fletcher.   I love the FMR stuff, but hate the form factor and the wall wart power supplies.    I owned 6X of RNC and RNLA but they were just too bulky in their vertical racks and all 6 of those wall warts killed me.

I did reach out to FMR about building a power supply that could supply them all, but they were not convinced that would be a good idea.

jdier:
Oh, wait a second.   the FMR stuff is made for 500 series now.   I am going to look in to that.

jdier:

--- Quote from: Fletcher on April 28, 2018, 09:22:12 AM ---The FMR Audio PBC-6A is the physical size of an RNC and the sonic size of a good LA-2A... then again, I'm a bit biased as it was designed for me a decade or so ago when I still worked at Mercenary Audio [notice the face panel colors... if you ever heard of Mercenary, that was its color scheme].

At the end of the day -- the linking functions are extraordinary [yes, it can do 5.1], the sonic textures are phenomenal... and the general audio quality is totally professional [not that the RNC's isn't... but PBC-6A's is a damn sight better].  For what you get in a little box -- you can't beat the "bang for the buck" factor... this thing is way more versatile and far better sounding than an 1176 [unless you get one that has been through the Record Plant, Media Sound, or Power Station modifications... but those ones are few and far between... and expensive as fuck IF you can find one].

Peace

--- End quote ---

Hey Fletcher.   Two things.   PBC-6A is coming to 500 format at some point according to Mark.

Also, is the Radial Komit the same Komit that you once were loving?    Is that a suitable solution for drums?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version