R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AD/DA and premp combos  (Read 8014 times)

tantan

• Real Full Name: Jeff Pryor
AD/DA and premp combos
« on: January 30, 2018, 12:13:13 PM »

New additions to the AD/DA preamp-combo market have recently arrived. The Lynx and Grace units are the newest preceded by Api and Apogee forays of the past years. There are numerous others that have been in the market and improved steadily over the years. This looks like a step up for those who do remote recording as well as a the home studio people like myself. The money to be made in this niche has brought more companies into this market. New innovations and competition will hopefully help choices and prices for all of us. Has anyone gotten to give the Lynx pres a tryout. How about the Grace and Api convertors? Thanks. 

Fletcher

Re: AD/DA and premp combos
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »

FWIW, the nicest / most musical pre-amp, conversion combo I've had the pleasure to use came from Crane Song LTD.... its called "Spider"

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

Re: AD/DA and premp combos
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 11:15:11 AM »

Successfully designing a very quiet high gain mic preamp into the same box as a clock generating converter is very difficult. Test gear like Audio Precison show the leakage every time.

Sergiovedge

• Real Full Name: Maryamtive
AD/DA and premp c
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:57:07 PM »

Have a buddy who has an mp2 and has decided to use AA. I anyone has  handy links to a good charger and rechargeable AA I'd really appreciate. Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 23 queries.