R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pitch Mystery Advice  (Read 5064 times)

Blas

Pitch Mystery Advice
« on: October 12, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »

Guys, I had a recent situation that has me perplexed (which isn't hard to do) and hope you have suggestions to resolve this"?".  I rolled out, did a mobile session using a DAW that has the Nuendo platform, running a RME Hammerfall 9652 audio card system.  I tracked @ 96/32 to a SCSI drive in a carrier.  I used a Focusrite 828 front end, feeding S/Mux lightpipe into the DAW.

The artist's didn't want to review any playback in the can's.  I brought the raw tracks into the studio and attempted to just move the SCSI into the main DAW's (coined as 'Darth Fader')carrier port (the normal method of the way I work on live recordings).  But the big tower unit didn't want to see the SCSI at all, so I had to go back to the mobile DAW, load back the drive and transfer the audio wav files over via S/Mux lightpipe as a new project.

All went well as I mixed their work and sent them a CDr of the mixes.  Here's the nightmare...the female vocalist has perfect pitch and informed me the CD was a whole step off!  First, what could have caused such, and what's the best approach to 'fix-the-mix'?

In the future, I guess I need some type of reference note to ensure I know everything's okay.

Semper Fidelity,
Blas
Conjecture and theory are all well and good...but the proof comes out of the speakers - Fletcher
He who has said the pen is mightier than the sword, has never been in a pen & sword fight!- me

mbrebes

• Real Full Name: Michael Brebes
Re: Pitch Mystery Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 07:46:05 PM »

Hopefully you made an extra CD.  I would import the CD into a stereo track on Nuendo and verify that it matches the audio on the session.  If it doesn't then you know that you did something wrong in the process of outputting the files and making the CD.  If it does, then I would verify that the pitch on the original mobile DAW matches the pitch of your "Darth Fader" session.  You have to isolate where the error occurred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.