R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming Audio and Video  (Read 2815 times)

Noah Cole

Streaming Audio and Video
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »

I know there was a thread in j.hall's forum on streaming audio but does anybody know of a good way to send video with it? Even if it was a screen share type of thing (where they can't control the screen!). I know iChat does it, but it isn't reliable enough.

jaykadis

• R/E/P Forums
Re: Streaming Audio and Video
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »

Quicktime Broadcaster is an Apple program that handles streaming video and audio if you're on a Mac.

Noah Cole

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:52:52 AM »

I've never had good luck with QT Broadcaster actually starting up correctly. And it doesn't seem like there's any info on how to make it work so I gave up.

jaykadis

• R/E/P Forums
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:07:02 PM »

There isn't much if any documentation, but it runs reliably on my old G5/10.5.8 system.  It did have issues with my Macbook Pro/10.6 system, though.

Fletcher

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:49:20 PM »

Even if it was a screen share type of thing (where they can't control the screen!).

I've done "screen share" with SKYPE that worked rather well... not for video but for building graphics... can't see why it wouldn't work for video [audio combined with that video could be another matter - we were just playing with visuals and talking to each other while we were playing with the graphics].

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Noah Cole

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »

There isn't much if any documentation, but it runs reliably on my old G5/10.5.8 system.  It did have issues with my Macbook Pro/10.6 system, though.

I'm on 10.6 so maybe it's an OS thing.

I've done "screen share" with SKYPE that worked rather well

I was trying this as you were typing it. Audio was miserable because I could only go into the line-in on my Mac. I was thinking of an AES/EBU to Toslink converter to go from my Aurora to the Mac. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

Fletcher

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »

Not that I could think of... but I'm not too slick with that kind of stuff.  Might be worth a try?
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 23 queries.