R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar: How to produce a succesful record  (Read 5364 times)

Jack Garufi

• Real Full Name: Jack Garufi
Kendrick Lamar: How to produce a succesful record
« on: January 17, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »

While I was researching To Pimp A Butterfly – watching documentaries, reading interviews – my imagination kept pushing me more and more to associate Kendrick Lamar with Ezekiel Books, the character from the Netflix series The Get Down.
Like Ezekiel, Kendrick is not your stereotypical rapper, he is more of a engaging poet, who moves in a world on the outskirts of reality, protected by his black hat, looking for his inspiration, Shaolin Fantastic.
Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Shaolin Fantastic’ is Derek Ali, a 25 year-old audio engineer, capable of channelling all of the input from the team of producers behind the scenes of the project, into a unique three-dimensional experience...

FULL ARTICLE HERE: https://bantamu.com/tips-and-interviews/16-kendrick-lamar-learning-from-dr-dre-how-to-produce-a-succesful-record

Fletcher

Re: Kendrick Lamar: How to produce a succesful record
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:17:31 AM »

Interesting article... thanks for sharing
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.