R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kaotica Eyeball  (Read 4515 times)

Delete me

• SAG AFTRA Voice Actor/Musician
Kaotica Eyeball
« on: December 12, 2016, 01:30:54 PM »

I've not tried this www.kaoticaeyeball.com but would be interested in getting an engineer's perspective if it's actually useful or horsepuckey.
Death is Certain. Fishing is Not!

Fletcher

Re: Kaotica Eyeball
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 02:42:16 PM »

I ain't never tried one, but it looks like a fancy windscreen... if it doesn't have too many hard surfaces [which will cause reflections / comb filtering /etc.] it looks like it could indeed be useful.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Delete me

• SAG AFTRA Voice Actor/Musician
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 09:26:06 AM »

Looks to be all foam so no hard surface. Seems like it would be good for out of studio or home studio use from their pitch on why it works. I like to get real perspectives like yours to hear about pros and cons.
Death is Certain. Fishing is Not!

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 05:50:44 PM »

If its all soft it should work fine... might as well give it a try and let us know what you think.

Peace
CN Fletcher

If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jerome Malsack

• Real Full Name: Jerome Malsack
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 12:48:53 PM »

at 200.00   ?  My question is,  If you block off the front opening how much ambient noise will the outer shell remove.  If the background noise is outside the ball how much gets to the mic if the round opening is sealed.  When using in the studio can I use one on each vocal and will it keep it vocal separated with no bleed over.  Is this better than using a 4 ft circle of sm58s with one at 12, 3, 6, and 9. 

Fletcher

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 10:52:02 AM »

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the circle of 58's thing... and while I'm frankly unfamiliar with the product, I really don't see how it could help you "manage the acoustics" of an environment without adding some form of acoustic signature to the sound being recorded.

It might be interesting to give it a try [on condition that you can return it if you see no palpable value].

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.