R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chandler Redd microphone, any one see one in action yet?  (Read 7922 times)

Recording Engineer

• Real Full Name: Weston Ray
Re: Chandler Redd microphone, any one see one in action yet?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:43 PM »

I agree with Jim here... The only time I've ever played politics so to speak really has been about the outright upity bitter rudeness from the owner/designer of a well known boutique mic company. So sad because I truly think his mics are among the best I've ever heard, but I absolutely refuse to put my money there or ever recommend them to anyone! He also makes a capsule for a mic by another manufacturer that I think is among the best I've ever heard and am trying to justify that purchase in my mind.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 12:35:07 AM »

Adam from Chandler is coming by my studio tomorrow... If he permits, I'll record some things. I may have to wait to put them out there till they start shipping but I'll be happy to report back !

Clay, you should have hollered.  I could have brought a couple good U47s down.

broncoblair

• Real Full Name: Clay BLair
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 06:35:02 PM »

It says "Abbey Road" on the microphone. I don't like that because this mic has nothing to do with Abbey Road studios. There is ZERO relationship to the studio.
I am not interested in this mic concept.

Actually that's false. It was designed with Abbey Road and tested there extensively. Has plenty to do with them. Just because it isn't something The Beatles used doesn't mean it isn't useful or doesn't deserve Abbey Road's stamp of approval. I think you'd be surprised at the sound. It's different !

broncoblair

• Real Full Name: Clay BLair
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 06:36:17 PM »

Clay, you should have hollered.  I could have brought a couple good U47s down.

Man I would love to do that. When Adam comes back up, I'll let ya know and we can do it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.