R/E/P > Mastering Dynamics

Thinking Sub

<< < (2/3) > >>

djwaudio:
Art, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience.  It closely resembles mine, and adds some good insight. 

One thing you mentioned is adding some subs for inexperienced listeners, being euphonic.  Yes, everyone loves some good oomph don't we?!

My system and room sounds incredibly realistic to me when I get the volume up and have a decent recording.  I'm afraid so many records are off in some way and listening at low volumes, I'm wanting some of that support.   

The sub that I heard at the hi-fi shop, I believe was sealed.  Perhaps this is what caught my attention. It seemed to integrate so well with the mains.  I think it was a JL Audio eSub. 

Every other sub I've ever heard seemed to stick out like a sore thumb.  More later. Thanks again!

ArtSta:

--- Quote from: djwaudio on November 12, 2016, 08:50:01 pm ---Art, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience.  It closely resembles mine, and adds some good insight. 

One thing you mentioned is adding some subs for inexperienced listeners, being euphonic.  Yes, everyone loves some good oomph don't we?!

--- End quote ---

Actually I found pant legs moves more exciting ;)

--- Quote from: djwaudio on November 12, 2016, 08:50:01 pm ---Every other sub I've ever heard seemed to stick out like a sore thumb.

--- End quote ---

I suggest you to get more familiar with servo stuff.

Art

KAyo:
I've always liked the idea of Brian Big Bass Gardner, finalising or checking the work on that obscure mono speaker under the desk on the left side of the floor blah blah ...

It really is, what you are used to. Once your perception and it's success outside the studio is tried and tested, then you are set and locked in  8)

Ciao'
Kayo

djwaudio:

--- Quote from: ArtSta on November 13, 2016, 01:39:07 pm ---Actually I found pant legs moves more exciting ;)

I suggest you to get more familiar with servo stuff.

Art

--- End quote ---

I found these subs this week, and giving them a long look...  Direct Servo technology.

http://rythmikaudio.com/technology.html

radardoug:
Hmm, I think they have been drinking at the bullshit fountain!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version