R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft series 500  (Read 3188 times)

Jean moulin

• Real Full Name: Jean-Louis Colonne
Soundcraft series 500
« on: March 15, 2016, 08:47:29 PM »

Hello,

I have a 32x8 Soundcraft 500 series mixer that is getting repaired and I am trying to figure out what converters I should get.
My budget is about 1500-2000 and I am ok with  recording just trough tracks 1-8.

So my question is about the signal flow.

If I get for example a Lynx Aurora 8

I hook up my first 8 tracks in the mixer to Analog  In 1-8 Lyxn (Would be my TO TAPE)
And the Analog OUT  1-8 from lyx to 9-16 in the mixer (Would be my From TAPE)

So now where I get confused is here:

I need to use 2 tracks from the Lynx Analog OUT for my monitoring right? it means for my summing I will use 9-14 (So 6 tracks only) and 15-16 for monitoring for example, if I am right....

Now from here on, I am not pretty sure of what I need to do to bring my summing back into the Daw to a Stereo track.
And once I have my mix, I know it is not the better way to do it but I would like to treat that Stereo mix trough 2 tracks in the mixer, a sort of mastering using the eq from the board.

Also it seems to deafeat the purpose if I have to go back to the daw after summing an then come back for the Last treatment.

I tried to be clear in my explanation. I hope it is.

thank you for your time and help.

Fletcher

Re: Soundcraft series 500
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:31:53 AM »

Are you using an actual tape machine?   If you're using a DAW you can route within the software to where ever you're going to 2 try -- if you're actually using a tape machine then take the "2 Mix" analog output and run it to your mix machine.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.