R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for replacing NS-10 tweeters/woofers  (Read 5821 times)

Cryptic

• Real Full Name: Tim Rohlfing
Recommendations for replacing NS-10 tweeters/woofers
« on: March 11, 2016, 11:39:21 PM »

Greetings,

I'm writing asking for advice about selecting tweeter and woofer replacements for a pair of NS-10Ms I have. I've used the crap out of this pair of NS-10Ms and one woofer cone has a small dimple in it :-\. They've lost most of the limited fidelity nasal 10s have to start with. I want to replace the tweeters and woofers with speakers that are more hi-fi than my current setup.

Does anyone have suggestions for new tweeters or woofers I should look into ordering? I can afford new drivers too if need be, not necessarily just replacing the cones.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,
Tim
the Sun doesn't go down, It's just an illusion caused by the World going round.

-=CryptiC=-
#weekendwarrior #freelance

duskb

Re: Recommendations for replacing NS-10 tweeters/woofers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 03:15:01 PM »

Greetings,

I'm writing asking for advice about selecting tweeter and woofer replacements for a pair of NS-10Ms I have. I've used the crap out of this pair of NS-10Ms and one woofer cone has a small dimple in it :-\. They've lost most of the limited fidelity nasal 10s have to start with. I want to replace the tweeters and woofers with speakers that are more hi-fi than my current setup.

Does anyone have suggestions for new tweeters or woofers I should look into ordering? I can afford new drivers too if need be, not necessarily just replacing the cones.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,
Tim

Well, I'll bite since no one else has...

I do not know of a substitute system for this box and unless you want to pay stupid money for original woofers (which seem to be pushing $900 a pair now) I would look into the reconing option. There's a place on Sunset in Hollywood called Solutions Speaker Repair (google them) that says they have been able to recone them with some success. Also there's CK Speaker repair in Canoga Park who I just sent a pair to who recones as well. I have not heard them myself but it keeps them running if you have no other options.

Apparently the biggest problem with the recone kits are the stiff surrounds making an already weak LF driver weaker. Food for thought there...

I imagine given the stupid pricing on the old drivers now someone will develop something to keep our boxes from ending up in the gutter. Even Auratones managed to come back into business once their boxes caught on again.
----
Dusk Bennett
Engineering/Production/Technical Services/Educator
Los Angeles Ca
Award Winning Engineering
www.duskbennett.com

koit

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.