R/E/P > Mastering Dynamics

A problem dealing with instrument distortion

(1/3) > >>

Thomas W. Bethel:
I am doing some mastering for a friend. It is a pro bono situation. He has recorded a group of flute players on a small video camera using a built in microphone. He wants to take that audio and put it on a CD for the players. There is some distortion when all the flutes are playing PLUS the flutes are somewhat out of tune and so are the harmonics. I would like to clean up the audio. I tried FX4 with their "declipper" plug in but it really did not do what I wanted. I used some EQ and tried to roll off the highs a bit and that seemed to help. This is an unusual situation for me and I was wondering if any f you had come up with a simple solution? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

Jim Williams:
Get them back together in your place and do a proper recording. Run the video camera at the same time for a later sync/DVD release.

Like the Gambler says, you got to know when to hold 'um, know when to fold 'um...

Thomas W. Bethel:

--- Quote from: Jim Williams on January 23, 2016, 11:34:27 am ---Get them back together in your place and do a proper recording. Run the video camera at the same time for a later sync/DVD release.

Like the Gambler says, you got to know when to hold 'um, know when to fold 'um...

--- End quote ---

Great idea but my friend does not want to do it. Thanks for the suggestion. Still working on the problem.

Jim Williams:
Then it's time your ask your friend whether they want to scrap the entire thing or do a proper job. If you explain the original recording is toast, they may accept those facts.

Thomas W. Bethel:

--- Quote from: Jim Williams on January 25, 2016, 11:40:13 am ---Then it's time your ask your friend whether they want to scrap the entire thing or do a proper job. If you explain the original recording is toast, they may accept those facts.

--- End quote ---

He is adamant that he does not want to rerecord this. I am still working on the problem. FWIW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version