R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Interview  (Read 2491 times)

klaus

Another Interview
« on: November 02, 2015, 11:20:02 PM »

BBS Radio contacted me, and, despite the fact that I had never heard of the show, I thought the interview turned out quite informative:

http://bbsradio.com/podcast/lena-live-june-25-2015

for those who have the time...
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

AusTex64

• Real Full Name: Robert Mokry
Re: Another Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 09:56:22 PM »

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed it very much, and gained insight into how you approach the craft. Honestly, when I first read your comments on this forum where you expressd your disdain for acoustic and electronic measurements of microphones driving development, I was not too sure I was in agreement about that. But the wine analogy in the interview summed it up perfectly. We're trying to repair and build tools that appeal to emotions and the senses - much like cooking and making wine. Who measures their food and wine to determine if it tastes good and is satisfying? Your comments and experience have given me more faith in simply using my senses to judge what is "good" in microphones, without looking at numbers and frequency plots. Funny, I was already doing that with guitars - I don't measure anything to judge a guitar, other than to insure it's properly set up, before I play it and make a decision about "does this instrument move or excite me?" I can't really figure out why I would not do the same thing with microphones. But I sure will now.

Thanks for again sharing your knowledge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.