R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MDW EQ 1.2 problem  (Read 3404 times)

Will Russell

MDW EQ 1.2 problem
« on: September 08, 2004, 12:30:32 PM »

I finally got the MDW EQ 1.2 and yes, the EQ lights the EQ light on the track on my ProControl, but the parameter implementation is all screwed up and totally unusable. I can't even access band three at all!

FWIW- I'm running Mac OS 10.3.2 and PT 6.3.2. I reinstalled MDW EQ 1.1 and the parameters are fine.
Will Russell
Electric Wilburland Studio
http://www.wilburland.com

George Massenburg

Re: MDW EQ 1.2 problem
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 05:58:40 PM »

Will,

Wow, is my face red.  I apologize on everybody's behalf.  We thought that we had tested this completely.  And I thought that Digi had tested the control surfaces.

We were doing this under 6.4, although I don't know that is the difference.

We'll work on the fix ASAP.

George

Will Russell

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 10:54:09 PM »

Hi,

I hope it is a 6.4 thing. Unfortunately, I cannot test it with 6.4 because Digi broke some other ProControl functions with 6.4 (ie selecting plugins to edit in the DSP Edit/assign section-CRASH!) and no fix is in sight.

Good luck with the fix!
Will Russell

George Massenburg

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 06:56:10 AM »

O.K. Will (and presumably others)...

It's a bit of a technical explanation, and it very much has to do with 6.4, which supports the Page Table resource in metadata, rather than as a resource proper.  

We're going to take a stab at including the old (pre-6.4) resource along with the new Page Table metadata and see if it'll work for everybody.  It'll take a day or two to do it, hopefully no more.

George

Will Russell

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 07:47:31 AM »

Hi again George,

First, thanks again for being so immediately responsive to problems like this.

I'm always glad to hear about problems that have obvious sources. Much easier to fix that way.

Good luchk with the fix. I look forward to the results.

All the best,
Will Russell

Paul Mills

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 04:26:49 PM »

I'm assuming this will be fixed as well, but thought I'd share.

When I open the session I'm working on at the beginning of the day 1 to 3 of the 8 MDW's I'm using will have spontaneously changed to a Lo Pass filter (effectively muting the track).  Once I change the lo band back to a Hi Pass, my eq settings are still intact and all is well.

But it's random as to which ones will do this, but, strangely the lead vocal is always one of the ones that does.

I'm on a G5/dual 2.0, Pro Tools 6.4cs8, Mac OS 10.3.4  HD Accel 2

Thanks
Paul Mills

George Massenburg

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 07:03:26 AM »

Paul Mills wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 15:26

I'm assuming this will be fixed as well, but thought I'd share.

When I open the session I'm working on at the beginning of the day 1 to 3 of the 8 MDW's I'm using will have spontaneously changed to a Lo Pass filter (effectively muting the track).  Once I change the lo band back to a Hi Pass, my eq settings are still intact and all is well.

But it's random as to which ones will do this, but, strangely the lead vocal is always one of the ones that does.

I'm on a G5/dual 2.0, Pro Tools 6.4cs8, Mac OS 10.3.4  HD Accel 2

Thanks

Paul,

This happened to me for the first time the day before yesterday.  And, even more interestingly, it happened on my lead vocal as well (only!)

In a nutshell, this is a weird one, and almost certainly a timing problem (I mean, the parameter loading works most of the time under different circumstances).  Will get right to work on it.  It would help me to know if this problem happens to you a second time, i.e. after the session has been saved and re-loaded.

Also, we've got the other thing (the ProControl assignments) addressed, but need to test it.  The problem is that way the "Page Tables" for outboard consoles are addressed has changed.  It used to be a bundled resource, now it's a metadata file.  Pre-6.4 systems can't read the meta-data file and the thing reverts to a default that's kind-of chaotic.

I've had no problems whatsoever with 6.4.  In fact, I use the delay compensation all the time.  Have been waiting a loooong time for it, too.

George

obyone

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 11:09:21 AM »

Actually another problem with version 1.2...

I booted an old 5.1 session to do some touch ups for a client who is a picky and nervous fella and all was good, did my touch ups and decided I was going to eq the master bus a little. So I throw on the mdw and all of a sudden my center channel was coming out of the right speaker the the left surround out of the front, so I took it off before the client could hear it and tried it a little later and again the same thing except out the left so again took it off so the client would not hear it.

Very Strange!

Try and do some more tests next week.

Have not tested since... Setup is Pro-Tools version 6.4 cs update 8, MDW 1.2, expansion chassis with 5 HD cards and 2 Accel cards, Pro-Control, G5 on mac os 10.2

Hope this helps!!!

Denis Normandeau
Denis Normandeau
www.fogolabs.com

George Massenburg

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 01:18:12 PM »

We'll take a look at it.  Thanks.

George

Paul Mills

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 05:53:56 PM »

George Massenburg wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 12:03

This happened to me for the first time the day before yesterday.  And, even more interestingly, it happened on my lead vocal as well (only!)

In a nutshell, this is a weird one, and almost certainly a timing problem (I mean, the parameter loading works most of the time under different circumstances).  Will get right to work on it.  It would help me to know if this problem happens to you a second time, i.e. after the session has been saved and re-loaded.

I've had no problems whatsoever with 6.4.  In fact, I use the delay compensation all the time.  Have been waiting a loooong time for it, too.

George

(forgive me for being a goob, but I'm just a little overwhelmed that I'm having a conversation with GM)

George thanks for the reply.

It only happens to me when I FIRST launch the session.  I come in, boot up Pro Tools, open the session and then this happens sometimes.  Never all the MDW's only 1 to 3 of them out of 8 or so.

I'm happy on 6.4 as well.  I'm on a Control 24 and haven't checked the MDW on that.  Good luck on the tweaking!

Paul Mills

Will Russell

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 02:31:43 PM »

bump
Will Russell

George Massenburg

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 05:34:13 PM »

Will Russell wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 13:31

bump

Working on it, Will.

George

Will Russell

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 07:49:14 AM »

Thanks George!
Will Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.