R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Never knew there was a Telefunken U67  (Read 5571 times)

aremos

• Real Full Name: Ariel Remos
Never knew there was a Telefunken U67
« on: June 13, 2015, 05:11:23 PM »

And they're asking 15K:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Telefunken-U67-NEUMANN-U67-EXTREMELY-RARE-MINT-CONDITION-/121643086438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c527e3266

Thought that after the U47 Telefunken went with AKG's 251 and after that didn't know there was more to it.

klaus

Re: Never knew there was a Telefunken U67
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 06:22:00 PM »

Telefunken's role as exclusive distributor for Neumann products in America ended in the late 1950s. It remained intact for many other Neumann export markets through the early 1970s. Therefore you find "Telefunken" badging on many Neumann models, including the U67 and KM84, for which Telefunken commissioned a slightly altered model, the M280, for a big customer.

Even for deliveries inside Germany the Telefunken badge was often put on studio gear: any time Telefunken delivered complete studio installations to institutions or private recording facilities, the company insisted on Tele badging for all of the recording equipment they installed, from TAB preamps and compressors, to AEG tape recorders, to Hummel & Klein monitors, to any German-made mic brands in addition to Neumann.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

David Satz

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 11:07:19 PM »

Yep (see the attached).

AKG, Neumann, Schoeps, Sennheiser and I believe also Beyer microphones and accessories were supplied by Telefunken, generally with Telefunken labels, well into the 1970s.

Uwe

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 12:40:30 PM »

Hello David,

is it possible to scan the entire rare Telefunken U67 brochure and attach as a .pdf file?

teleric

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 10:49:52 AM »

I have one of those, and strangely enough bought here in Europe. One of my best mics, even though it certainely has suffered and worked a lot, still sounds remarkable after more than 40 years.
Eric Harizanos

klaus

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 02:06:37 PM »

Again, not so strange to find a Tele-badged U67 in Europe. See my comments further up. Also keep in mind that U67 were not accepted by the German broadcast institution-they went with the AC701-modified version, the M269.

Therefore U67 could be found en masse in studios outside Germany, and often with great creative outcome: Listen to Mike Vernon's productions of John Mayall's Blues Breakers, especially Eric Clapton's guitar on the seminal "Beano" LP, recorded at DECCA in London.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

gkippola

• Real Full Name: gerald kippola
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 08:24:34 AM »

My Telefunken U67 w/ a Tele Ef 806s tube, is one of the best mics I own,  rivals my Tele U47 in it's own way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.