R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color code for the internal wiring?  (Read 4476 times)

mike_mccue

Color code for the internal wiring?
« on: February 06, 2015, 07:08:59 PM »

Hi,
 I asked a while ago about color code with Gotham GAC-7 tube mic cable and this useful information was supplied by Klaus:

"Here is Neumann's color scheme for tube mic cables, adapted from the German Broadcast System, and appreciated by any mic tech to quickly help identify what is what:

Audio (+) = White
Audio (-) = Black
Ground = Thick blue
Heater = Thick Red
B+ = Yellow
0-120v (variable pattern) = Green
snip the remaining conductor (gray), and you are done

And make sure that you terminate shield on both connectors to ground and connector sleeves."

I am curious if there is a color code for the internal wiring of any of the older German tube mics?

When I build tube guitar amps I use the conventions found in USA published Radio Design handbooks, and now I am wondering if tube based condenser mics have a conventional color code.

Thank you.

Mike McCue
Tallahassee Florida USA

klaus

Re: Color code for the internal wiring?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 12:49:29 AM »

Not that I want to be accused of hogging the space, I waited a day before chiming in, again.

Anyway, there is NO unified color scheme for "older German tube mics" but there are a few recurring themes: mostly red colored wiring is used to identify B+ and black for ground, though a few mics use blue for ground. But this is all episodical, and not consistent enough that I would bet on it and put my wet finger on a live mic's green wire!
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

mike_mccue

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »

Thank you for replying Klaus.

I used the color guidelines you provided about the cable for my home built power supply so that the color codes inside the PSU and the connections to the multi pin are using the same colors inside the PSU chassis and inside the cable.

On the microphone side I have attempted to do the same, but the scheme deviated from my old habits of color coding when wiring up a tube socket.

I was hoping to learn that there was simply a color standard that differed from the radio handbook conventions I was familiar with.

I guess I'll hybridize a scheme using the cable color scheme as a basis.

Thank You.
Mike McCue
Tallahassee Florida USA

guest37489

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 01:46:09 AM »

there is NO unified color scheme for "older German tube mics" but there are a few recurring themes: mostly red colored wiring is used to identify B+ and black for ground, though a few mics use blue for ground.

klaus

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 04:19:21 AM »

Can someone explain to me the type of phishing as evidenced in the previous post: a hacker copies a sentence verbatim out of an existing post…. to achieve what?

What's the goal here? This has recently happened on my forum about a half dozen times. I usually immediately delete, but kept it up this time to get a better understanding how this works.
KH
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®

David Satz

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 11:42:13 PM »

An innocent interpretation: Perhaps the person quoted a certain line in order to respond to it--then mistakenly posted the message without having added the intended response.

(However, one can edit one's posts here after the fact--so then I have to wonder whether people read what they post or not.)

--best regards

klaus

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »

Good point, but in all instances the responses were from first-time posters. Hmmmm....
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®

Randyman...

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:58:14 PM »

An innocent interpretation: Perhaps the person quoted a certain line in order to respond to it--then mistakenly posted the message without having added the intended response.

(However, one can edit one's posts here after the fact--so then I have to wonder whether people read what they post or not.)

--best regards

I believe it is to trick the SPAM/BOT Filters.  Just look at the signature links generally associated with the associated spammer re-posts - they are generally riddled with links to miscellaneous stuff.  That is likely either for SEO (this page now shows links to their website, and Google takes that as a good "signal" to promote their listing higher in search results), or just hoping someone will click on those links directly.

I've seen this more and more the past year on this site and others...
Randy Visentine
Semi-Pro Engineer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.