R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: T14/1 transformer and C12 capsule  (Read 4377 times)

redmzz

• Real Full Name: David Redman
T14/1 transformer and C12 capsule
« on: July 23, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »

Would appreciate some advice about T14/1 transformer and C12 capsule in my possession.
Both seem to be used on the C12 but I have received a lot of conflicting information and would appreciate any guidance.

I have these items and  wondered if the capsule & T14/1 is for a C12 &/or similar? Would it be possible to use these for my C12 mic repair?  If anybody can offer any ideas regarding a reputable repairer and how much it is likely to cost that would be great.

Many thanks.

klaus

Re: T14/1 transformer and C12 capsule
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »

Do you have a specific question in regards to the items shown in the picture?

Thanks,
KH
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

redmzz

• Real Full Name: David Redman
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:38:21 AM »

Thanks for the message. Please see amended request.

klaus

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »

As I wrote you in a private note:
Everything on this picture looks stock-original AKG, or, in the case of the transformer, Haufe-original material.

However, the uninstalled capsule came out of a C414EB, not a C12, and the uninstalled T14/1 transformer was made long after the C12 was continued as a model.

You can use both parts in a C12, and you should get close-to-identical results from them, when compared with the parts that originally were installed in that C12. But these spare parts are neither period-correct, or, in the case of the capsule, they may sound a bit different from the original capsule used in the C12 at the time, due to CK12 sub-component changes introduced through time and through models. For example, an early flat-dish CK12 from the mid-1950s will sound less airy and midrange forward than a late deep-dish found in a C414EB.

Paying attention to the capsule's characteristics, and making it work symbiotically with a specific model's character is relevant to some users
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.