R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Oliver Archut  (Read 5987 times)

underblu

• Real Full Name: Stephen Steffani
RIP Oliver Archut
« on: July 20, 2014, 03:39:17 PM »

A true asset to the pro audio community.  My condolences to his family and love ones

klaus

Re: RIP Oliver Archut
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 06:38:09 PM »

I am in touch with close friends and family. I will report, when the time is right.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

J. Mike Perkins

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »

This is sad beyond belief.  He was a true legend and way too young to be taken from us.  To an enthusiast of vintage German pro audio and broadcast equipment, the loss of knowledge to the world with the passing of Oliver Archut is comparable to the ancient burning of the Library at Alexendria.

It's a minor point, but if you learn the best way to get back any work in progress that he was doing and never got to finish, let me know.   

AusTex64

• Real Full Name: Robert Mokry
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:05:09 PM »

I am just stunned. He was in the process of converting some Gefell 692 FET bodies of mine to tube impedance converters. We were speaking and emailing at least once a week for the past year about the project. He just sent me one of the mics to hear that is just stunning. Oliver taught me so much, I can't adequately express my gratitude enough. He really needed some help out there, but said it was very hard to get good people to move to Gaylord, KS. What a gigantic loss to audio and humanity. I am so bummed out....

rodabod

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 03:28:29 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear this.

He was one of the guys who helped get me into DIY electronics, and to appreciate elegant electronic design.
Roddy Bell

Michael Romanowski

• Real Full Name: Michael Romanowski
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »

Such sad news. A great loss for the industry. Oliver was always very warm, friendly and generous with his time. He truly had a passion for everything he did. My condolences to his friends and family. He will be greatly missed.

Nob Turner

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »

One of the very sad things about Oliver's passing is that he knew SO much about some rather arcane subjects, and from what I've read, he may not have passed that knowledge on.

Klaus, I hope you take that to heart in terms of your vast and extremely specialized knowledge.

klaus

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »

What? Am I next?

I am planning a joint venture with Hal Leonard Publishers- an adaptation of my book manuscript, with live segments and a camera team. That should get the ball rolling.

Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®

AusTex64

• Real Full Name: Robert Mokry
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »

Klaus,

Any info on what's going to happen with AMI?

Thanks,

Robert Mokry

klaus

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »

The future of AMI is currently being evaluated by Oliver's family and business partners. I will post when that process has been concluded.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®

David Satz

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »

Even though some time has passed I'm still shocked by this terrible news. Oliver was a remarkably positive, genuine, generous and open human being. He certainly knew his stuff, his accomplishments were many and his undertakings even greater, but he was always interested in and respectful of people more than technology. I always enjoyed talking with him, and always learned stuff from him even though our contact was only occasional.

I can scarcely imagine the loss his family must be feeling. My heart goes out to them. Auf wiedersehen, big guy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.