R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone reduce background noise of recorded voice conversation?  (Read 2376 times)

devsel

• Real Full Name: Chris

Hi there guys,

I'm new to this board and the professional audio scene.

I recently recorded a voice conversation, but the recording is full of background noise. It's almost impossible to hear what's being said (Dutch language). I tried some editing and amplification with Roxio Sound Editor 2012, but with no success.

Can anyone maybe optimize the recording, so the conversation can be heard clearly? And than please tell me how yo did it and what software you used =)

Link to recording: http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/43187881/file.html

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Devsel

Fletcher

Re: Can anyone reduce background noise of recorded voice conversation?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »

That comes under the heading of "Forensic Audio" -- there is one guy I know who knows more about Forensic Audio than any other I've ever met -- his name is Wes Dooley.  Wes is also the master mind behind AEA Ribbon Microphones -- so you may have heard of him before, though I doubt in this context.

http://www.wesdooley.com/aea/forensicaudio.html you may want to try to contact him through this link.  Wes is one of the nicest guys I know who LOVES to share his accumulated learning with others.

I hope this is of some assistance.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

Re: Can anyone reduce background noise of recorded voice conversation?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »

If the noise is constant and uniform, take a section of that and sample it. Invert the phase (polarity) and mix it into the tracks you want to clean up the noise from.

With some adjusting and maybe a phase shift vs frequency algo you should be able to cancel out a decent amount of that noise.

Or call the FBI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.