R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've got $1200- $1300 for mic pre and/or compressor  (Read 1615 times)

bdennison

I've got $1200- $1300 for mic pre and/or compressor
« on: October 02, 2004, 12:13:04 PM »

hello everybody!

i discovered this forum a shor time ago, and it's fantastic.  so much to learn in such little time...  anyway...

i've got a rack full of mick pre's that are about $150/channel quality.  i've got motu hd192 converters, which i think are pretty nice.  i'm looking to get take the next step and get a stereo mic pre and a stereo compressor.  I do think it would probably be worth it to just buy the mic pre's now (spending the entire $1200-$1300 just on that), and wait on the compressor.  what would you all do with that budget based on my needs?  specifically... what stereo mic pre should i look for on ebay?  Should i split the money up and buy both mic pre's and compressor?  I do have 4 channels of analog compression, which are about $100/channel-  will using one of these after a nice mic pre degrade the quality?  i don't know quite what to do!!!

thanks a lot everyone...

I live for cool gear.
-brett

hargerst

Re: I've got $1200- $1300 for mic pre and/or compressor
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 11:45:17 AM »

What models of compressors and mic pres do you already own?  And what types of music are we talking about?
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

bdennison

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 07:16:02 PM »

hi guys..

i'm mostly recording rock music...  right now i've got a couple of art pro mpa's, a couple of behringer t1953's, and i also use some mic pre's on an old teac 5 mixer from the 70's.  i've got a couple of behringer compressors too (4 channels).  just not sure what kind of move to make with the money alotted.

thanks all
I live for cool gear.
-brett

cjogo

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 02:19:19 AM »

Manley DVC---right price --right gear
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.