R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lend me thine ears? (also posted in mastering)  (Read 2477 times)

Delete me

• SAG AFTRA Voice Actor/Musician
Lend me thine ears? (also posted in mastering)
« on: January 21, 2014, 03:57:12 PM »

I've posted this in Mastering and also here in case there are different sets of ears that would be kind enough to chime in.
It's been a few years since I've been here. I do VO for a living and hope to get some input on how some of my stuff sounds to some of your fine tuned ears.
www.tvradiovoice.com/Eddie.wav
The file posted is a typical read.
This is one take recorded from a Sennheiser MKH415 into a Focusrite Forte and then into my custom 3.2ghz quad core system. Recording software is Adobe Audition 3.0. I'm using the Forte preamps and soundcard.

The file is arranged with raw audio first.
Second take is EQd with the Focusrite Midnight Suite ISA110, pic provided to show settings
Third take is EQd and Mastered with Adobe Audition Mastering, pic provided to show settings
Fourth take is EQd, Mastered and Focusrite Midnight Suite ISA130 Compressor, pic provided to show settings

Any and all input is appreciated (be honest, be brutal, but don't be kind just to be kind  8) ). I'm only looking for input on the sound. The read itself can always be critiqued if you really want.  I typically use just the EQ and Mastering (ie3rd take) for all my stuff. If needed I'll add compression for some reads. All processing is done with VST afterwards. There is no pad or gate or noise reduction.  My typical noise floor in my studio is -54db.
Death is Certain. Fishing is Not!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.