R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Souncraft Vienna II power supplies  (Read 3175 times)

Logan

• Real Full Name: Logan Murray
Souncraft Vienna II power supplies
« on: July 03, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »

Been all over the net asking this haven't had a definitive response, so here goes again.

I put a Soundcraft Vienna II in my room and after three months the power supply started shutting down on one side. I lose the Bside of a CPS 950. It just shuts down and will turn back on, doesn't blow fuses, but will not run long after it shuts down the first time. I'm not a tech and have had techs look at it but nothing gets fixed. I have 2 supplies a 950 and a 900, The 950 last longer but the 900 turns off as soon as it's turned on.

One tech has suggested that perhaps both supplies should be used and I know that Vienna's did run on two supplies in the earlier stages usually a 750 and a 500. So I'm trying to determine if anyone knows if I can and should be using the 950 and the 900. It did run on the single 950, but wasn't on for long periods, while we were setting up the rooms an cabling up everything. Now I'm into tracking and mixing and it's on longer. I don't think it's a heat issue although the one side that quits does run warmer, but it sometimes quits dead cold. It often quits when the amp connected to my nearfields is switch on, There's plenty of voltage supplying the 950, which is on it's own circuit. Any tips on how to resolve this would be appreciated, or any info on running the Vienna II on a single or dual supply. Take care Logan Murray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 19 queries.