R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative uses for Josephson e22s  (Read 3176 times)

Flagfoot

• Real Full Name: Riley Bunn
Creative uses for Josephson e22s
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »

The Josephson e22s is a cool mic.  It's durable and small so it isn't limited the way larger, more delicate mics are.

Someone recently suggested we plug in our e22ses and play drums with them (we have 2) to which I responded, "I have not the balls."

But it made me want to ask other users if they have any unorthodox tricks for their e22s.  What creative uses have you discovered for the e22s?

Riley Bunn
Green Record and Mix Studio
Raleigh, NC

josephson

Re: Creative uses for Josephson e22s
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:43:32 PM »

A famous microphone importer once replied years ago to Electro-Voice's promise that their microphones would survive being used as hammers, by saying that if any of his customers needed a hammer, he would send them one. We really don't recommend that people use e22S's to play drums with, and sadly, the warranty really doesn't apply if you knock the head off.

There are some trick applications in the manual that comes with the microphones. One special approach (which works with any two well matched cardioids, but particularly well with e22Ss) is to use put one mic above and one below a drum that you want to isolate from the rest of the kit. Flip the phase of one of them before you mix them together. Any distant sound will cancel out, leaving only the sound of the drum head between the two mics.

e22S are particularly good for any close-up sound application where you need clean pickup of high sound levels, like fiddle or electric guitar amps.

klaus

Re: Creative uses for Josephson e22s
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »

I assume the OT meant to say: "use on drums" rather than: "play drums with them".
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.