R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 10 Pro Recording Resources  (Read 2381 times)

ProRecording

• Real Full Name: Dr. Destrukto
Top 10 Pro Recording Resources
« on: March 31, 2013, 08:00:13 PM »

I recently competed the Digital Sound Design online course and am currently completing Introduction to Music Production on the coursera site. As part of my studies, I started a blog that I think has turned out to be a fairly informative resource on the art of pro recording.

My most recent article is a blog post on the Top 10 Pro Recording Resources .. I thought some of you may enjoy it.  Check out my blog here at Pro Recording - Audio for the Digitally Inclined.  Thanks for your time.

Fletcher

Re: Top 10 Pro Recording Resources
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:03:18 AM »

Well hello Dr. Destructo -- I'm sure Mama Destructo is very proud of you indeed.  While you are more than welcome to participate on the R/E/P forums... there are a few "rules" you need to bone up on before your participation will be accepted by the community at large.

Here is a link to said "rules" -- http://repforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,977.0.html

Please follow them or I will have little option than to delete your presence here which would be rather unfortunate for all involved.

You will find that most of the people who participate on this forum have a decade or two in the saddle... we most certainly welcome true "newbie"s [and congratulations on completing the "on-line" curriculum]... so there is a LOT you can learn around here -- but understand, you are in the presence of some VERY serious professional engineers, producers, techs, [etc.] so while you are encouraged to participate, to ask questions, and to learn -- you will need to understand that this is not "Gearslutz" [or any of the other forums where anonymity is acceptable].

So -- with that in mind, please update your profile to include your real name... and professional affiliation if you happen to get one at some point in the future.

We all sincerely wish you the best of luck with your career... so long as you conduct yourself with a professional demeanor on this board.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

Re: Top 10 Pro Recording Resources
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:13:46 AM »

More "top ten" lists? 

I always wondered who creates those top ten lists I see everywhere. Funny how you see all these lists in the media, but you never hear about who these self appointed experts are that assemble them. If they are so blessed with a discriminating mind, shouldn't we know more about their special powers?

Best beaches?
Best hotels?
Best rotwurst?
Best "sounding" gear?

Maybe it's my natural adversion to David Letterman, but anytime I see a "top ten" list, I suspect I'm being sold a bill of crap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.