R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Sontec MES-432C - Original and the Best!  (Read 9451 times)

Matt_G

• Real Full Name: Matthew Gray
FS: Sontec MES-432C - Original and the Best!
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:25:04 AM »

***** THIS ITEM HAS SOLD *****

For sale is an original Sontec MES-432C Parametric Disk Mastering Equalizer in perfect working condition and cosmetically in excellent shape. It was serviced & recapped a couple of years ago & has been in service at Matthew Gray Mastering for the past 6.5 years. It is completely original (besides the re-cap) and still has the spare NOS opamp board taped to the inside of the chassis. Asking $11,500 AUD + shipping

A Little History...

This particular unit was originally owned by US producer "Sandy Pearlman" who produced popular acts like "Blue Oyster Cult" & "The Clash" to name a few. His signature is still found across the top of this unit. The serial no. is 007 & it's still operating at 110V.

The ITI/Sontec EQ was the creation of George Massenburg & Burgess Macneal and parts are still available through Burgess Macneal. Unlike the new Sontecs this one is fault free, well built, reliable and contains the original circuit, opamps & components. These don't come up very often so if you're in the market for one of these EQ's you'll know how rare they come up for sale.

I paid top dollar for this unit & it is still worth every cent... the only reason I am selling is because I am a long way through building a new studio/facility and I've run out of money to complete it so to this end I am selling some of my studio gear. Also look out for my other auctions which include an API 5500, racked stereo pair of 60's Neumann PEV vinyl cutting passive EQ's and a set of Neve 1272 mic pres.

For serious enquiries, please contact me for more photos or additional information. info [a] matthewgraymastering [dot] com

dietrich

• Real Full Name: ds
Re: FS: Sontec MES-432C - Original and the Best!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 08:21:42 AM »

This has two stereo paths yes?
d

Matt_G

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:34:51 AM »

This one was originally a 4 channel model I think but it's only a 2 channel model since I've owned it.

Matt_G

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 02:28:43 AM »

***** S O L D *****

KAyo

• R/E/P Forums
  • Real Full Name: KAyo
  • Business Videos 24/7
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »

On a whole different question, Matt.

How is the studio build going or is it complete, and I ain't aware? Some pics etc..

Ciao'
KAyo
www.kantabiz.com
Business Video Directory

Matt_G

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »

Hi Kayo,

The studio is still about 3 months away from completion. There is a blog I'm keeping over on GS which you can check out here http://www.gearslutz.com/board/photo-diaries-recording-studio-construction-projects/718054-matthew-gray-mastering-new-room-build.html...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.