R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: has anyone heard of or used Neutral Audio´s DREi tecnology that enhances sound  (Read 11624 times)

neutralaudio

• Real Full Name: James Screeton

Hello everyone, I am from NEUTRAL AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES. I would like to introduce you to a new audio technology that has been designed to enhance the musical reproduction of any amplifiers, speakers and filters obtaining notably better final sound to any sound system.

It is called DREi Technology (Dynamic Reduction of Electronic Interactions) whose application is anywhere when a clearer brighter purer sound is required, in PA as well as studios, in line and always before amplification. DREi is totally analogue.

This technology is inserted into all Neutral Audio´s models and also have a module for OEM, that can be inserted into others audio designs.

It works by attenuating electronic intermodulation and between frequencies (Deintermodulator), it processes the form of the sound waves, and so only amplifying the sinu waves that are sutiable for filters and speakers. The models also include a control over the answer of its soundstage in order for it to adapt to any sound systems and playing environments.

I invite you to have a look at the website www.neutralaudio.com for more information and from this forum would be more than delighted to answer any questions and to talk to you more about it..

neutralaudio

http://youtu.be/1D0q28b_FOM

DREi with pink noise, "off and on"

neutralaudio

here, a second video showing modulation and overdrive with DREi tech with an oscillator

http://youtu.be/x2jayL0Wwxo
"modulation and overdrive with DREI tech on and off"

Third video of DREi with a slient track

http://youtu.be/5AffD4MLZ64
"Silent track with DREi tech. OFF / ON"

Fletcher

The screen shots are intriguing -- I for one would like to hear a more detailed explanation of what we're "looking" at - and hear the resultant audio at the same time as watching the screen shots.

Even in our modern Pro-sTools world -- at the end of the day its about the audio more so than the video.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

Sounds like another digital filter to me. Removing intermodulation frequencies by resorting to sinusidal waveforms removes much of the music. Intermodulation frequencies are what makes music, music. Otherwise we would all be playing flutes.

If you want clearer, more open sonics, that happens at the beginning of the chain, not at the end. Distortions cannot be removed without artifacts.

neutralaudio

neutralaudio

Fletcher, here are two quotes from other users in other forums;

"Inside holds 8 preamplificadore in parallel and a module that gives you warmth DREI to music. Seriously, it's the best item that can be incorporated into the stereo."

"Within takes 2 special preamps, the sound is a secret technology, corrects the errors of all electronic components, and sends audio signals to another 6 separate preamps and dynamic control. The mixed stereo output and is sent back to the out."

(translations)...DREi is completely analog...
am tryng to get you an audio file !!

neutralaudio

What is DREi?

DREi reinterprets the waveforms:

A speaker is fully efficient when it comes to reproducing sinusoidal waveforms. DREi reinterprets the signals to be as similar to sinusoidal as possible, limiting the amplification of waveforms unsuitable for the speakers. Passive filters in the speakers also tend to respond worse with square or triangular signals, especially the capacitors and coils. At no instant any information is lost, only redefined, and so the total final energy is the same as the original.

DREi is a DeIntermodulator:

Harmonic Distortion Neutralizer. Daily engineers and technicians work to reduce the inevitable intermodulation that occurs in the electrical signal that flows through the electronic components and impairing the purity, the three-dimensionality and the finished musical quality. They also use various tools to minimize the intermodulation of the nearest frequencies. DREi attenuates both modes of intermodulation, becoming a powerful tool for optimum sound.

DREi adjust the soundstage:

Using a new topology of amplification, DREi dynamically controls multiple buffers or preamps for a stereophonic signal. This enables the user to adjust the end soundstage by controlling these buffers and obtaining the best response in conjunction of the amplification, speakers and listening position. It is not an equalizer, and does not produce audio artifacts. The frequency response is affected depending on the chosen position to align the associated system. The user can disable these sound stage modes, but the DREi process will always be run at 100%.

· Strong, powerful and detailed bass
· Very present and extremely clear treble and midrange
· Clearly defined soundscape and background
· Clear air and audible reverb tails
· Eases mixes in the professional sector
· Better sound diffusion in live concerts
· Eases tone in the in-ears for artists
· And more ...

· Enhances the overall sound quality of the system of which it is installed. More efficiency and better performance.

· Corrects errors produced by the electronics due to tolerances that can add up.

· Small musical details that may be hidden by the interactions of electric circuits appear with unusual force and cadence.

· The timbres and nuances of the voices and instruments are more present and harmonious.

· Clarifies orchestral and choral masses, affected by digital circuits used in recording and playback and which are masked by the other instruments.

· Controls the total energy of the signal to be amplified preventing energy being taken by other frequencies.

The music flows smoothly, neutrally and with crystalline transparency
AS A RESULT A MORE EFFICIENT SYSTEM.

· You get more natural clean and accurate sounds
· The dynamics are increased
· Real and defined voices with full integrity
· Greater channel separation
· High dimensionality and distinction of sound levels and layers
· Increased openness
· Minimizes acoustical problems in rooms
· Increases the sound pressure with the same system
Test a DeIntermodulator in a real situation. You can personally check that does what we say.

Mitigate the harmful INTERMODULATION that occurs between two or more signals with different frequencies (or instruments). They occur in all the elements that make up an audio playback system and impairs the purity of the original musical signal.

Fletcher

Fletcher, here are two quotes from other users in other forums

An anonymous quote is useless.  Name, credits, professional affiliation might give a "quote" some credence -- an anonymous quote ain't worth the black letters on the white background.

Peace
CN Fletcher

If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

Reminds me of the claims made by weight loss 'programs'. I need specs, not marketing claims. I get enough of that crap from the polititians.

Fletcher

Exactly - reminds me of "Q Sound"... I wanna know the "how", "what", and "why"
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

Patrick Tracy

Hello everyone, I am from NEUTRAL AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES. I would like to introduce you to...

So it's now okay to post advertisements disguised as forum posts?

Fletcher

No!!  I pulled down the original post and explained he had to back up his claims.  So far -- he hasn't [at least to my satisfaction], and as you can read in the thread -- he's been called on that lack of backup.

Hopefully this is as far from an ad as possible... but I do want legitimate new manufacturers to be able to have access to the community should they have something worth hearing about.  They need to understand that they will be called onto the carpet with stern hesitation... but if they decide to post -- with that understanding -- and live up to their claims -- then its all good.

I'll probably toast this thread in the not too distant future if the claims aren't backed up -- but I want you to understand the reason I let this thread stand as long as it has.

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

neutralaudio

It was never meant as an advertisment, I wanted to use the forum to reachout to people and ask if people here have heard of it or even used it. Many FOH engineers have been more than satisified, one of which is Erik Roots in Belgium working with "vaya con dios" and "sher Loydd" his feedback is excellent, another Matteo Cifelli, FOH for Tom Jones, so if anyone knows either of them, can ask them direct...I am trying to get audio files for you all to hear that will defend it

Fletcher

Great!!  That's why this thread is here.  I have no problem giving you a way to expose your product... so long as the product isn't bullshit.

Examples are great... can't wait to hear them [which will get me to a point where I can make a quasi-educated decision whether or not I want to invest some time to learn more about it... demo it... etc.].

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

It was never meant as an advertisment, I wanted to use the forum to reachout to people and ask if people here have heard of it or even used it.

Maybe change your 'tag'? It's the name of this product you're not promoting.

Patrick Tracy

It was never meant as an advertisment, I wanted to use the forum to reachout to people and ask if people here have heard of it or even used it.

That's all well and good...

Many FOH engineers have been more than satisified, one of which is Erik Roots in Belgium working with "vaya con dios" and "sher Loydd" his feedback is excellent, another Matteo Cifelli, FOH for Tom Jones...

....but how is this not ad copy?

Fletcher

As the moderator for this forum I think the brother is walking the line... hence my call for examples.  I pulled his initial post on the product and explained the criteria for posting about the product on this forum [and the decision of the judges as to whether this is an ad or not is final].

My gut feeling at this point is that you have a guy who is excited about his product who is posting on behalf of a product he's excited about... but lacks "forum experience" to understand that on this forum nobody believes his "word" until he posts evidence that back up his claim.

I'm inclined to cut him the benefit of the doubt for the next few days.  If he fails to provide some form of evidence of his claims other than "testimonials" from people nobody knows -- then I will indeed delete the thread.  If he provides the requested materials... then we'll get a basis upon which we can decide as individuals whether or not this product warrants further investigation.

Make sense?

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

Patrick Tracy

Are you familiar with the manufacturer/distributor/retail policy over at the LAB? They're not allowed to start posts promoting their products or suggest them in other posts unless the product or brand is already being discussed. They can answer user questions, correct statements made about their stuff or suggest alternatives if what a user has is not right for the application, but they can't steer users to their brand.

Maybe the OP here could offer his product for review by an objective party. Then he could answer any questions about his product that may come up in the discussion.

Fletcher

The policy here isn't as hardass as the policy over there [they also have a lot more traffic!!] -- but yeah, you're absolutely right!!  3rd party "verification" of claims is essential... and if we don't see something towards that in the next few days this thread will indeed be deader than fried chicken.

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

Mo Facta

FWIW, I personally spoke to Dave Rat about it and he said it "seemed to sound good".

Take that as you will.

Cheers :)
Quote from: Slipperman
That'll learn those arrogant LA *bleeps*.

http://shiftedaudio.co.za
http://gregbester.xp3.biz

neutralaudio

this is a review from a Sanish magazine, you may need a translator

http://www.hifilive.es/2013/03/08/neutral-audio-drei-micro/

and more units being shipped to Germany, UK and South Africa for magazine reviews
...still waiting to get the audio files for you all

Fletcher

Dave Rat has some credibility in my world... what are the odds of the MFG. posting some "before and after" stuff... I'm getting a little pissed.

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

neutralaudio

Fletcher

... so, the noise got louder and had more mids.  Exactly how does that equate to music?
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

It gets rid of those nagging high frequencies that piss our pets off.

I want a magic box that will stop my cat from leaving the room whenever a Coldplay song comes on.

Patrick Tracy

Dave Rat has some credibility in my world... what are the odds of the MFG. posting some "before and after" stuff... I'm getting a little pissed.

Peace

Dave has automatic credibility with me by virtue of his success, but I've heard him say some silly stuff.

Fletcher

Hell we all say silly stuff from time to time... but I've heard the brother's work and was seriously impressed!!

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

Dinogi

• Real Full Name: Dean Giamette
  • Wow! A third star! I'll try to be worthy of it.

"seemed to sound good"... but did he buy one?
olduncledinogiammattei

If they want to give me one for free I'll check it out. ;)
I'd trade everything I own now for a good sounding room and a bucket of 57's.

Fletcher

Interesting question... did he buy one? ... or was he given one for use of his name in the advertising literature? 

Next time I run into the brother I'll ask...  until then, unless i see something directly from the man himself I will most certainly be skeptical!!

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

neutralaudio

Dave Rats name is not on any of the literature!!
please ask him yourself what he thinks....if you know him
there is a unit in South Afria under valuation along with London and Germany...
will post results

Jim Williams

If they want to send one to me I'll run it through the Audio Precision analyzer and post the graphs.

Nothing disinfects like a little sunlight.

Fletcher

Dave Rats name is not on any of the literature!!
please ask him yourself what he thinks....if you know him
there is a unit in South Afria under valuation along with London and Germany...
will post results

Yes, I know him... no, I'm not going out of my way to bother him [or spend my time on it].  Perhaps you can work out something with Jim and he can get back to the congregation with some of his thoughts on the unit.

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 23 queries.