R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alesis HD24 XR Replacement drive troubles  (Read 24456 times)

Fletcher

Re: Alesis HD24 XR Replacement drive troubles
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 05:41:18 PM »

40 years ago I had crappy recording gear and fantastic artists.

Now I have fantastic recording gear and crappy artists.

I hear ya... much better the first way than the 2nd way... but I'm a fossil - whadda I know?
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »

I just wanted to update my posting, although I think all the great info here on drives, compatibility and what works/doesn't, etc, has been more valuable than my initial question. FWIW, I have since solved my problem, but without changing drives or styles. I had never updated my operating system on my HD24. I had to go through the process of acquiring the proper integration software and learning to connect my Mac, etc. But after several tries I still couldn't seem to make it happen, even after I believed I'd done the procedure correctly, and even after I swear the HD stated it had the latest operating system installed. At that point, the Alesis moderators suggested that the  update could only be done via MIDI, and since that opens up a whole different can of worms for me, I got sidetracked for a few months. Later, I retried the same update via ethernet connection, and VOILA ... I almost couldn't believe it. But now y'all can appreciate why I haven't gone to a DAW ... just get to lost in all those menus, updates proceedures and protocols. The analog world is so much easier for me to integrate, and the HD represents a digital tracking solution that feels (mostly) analog.

Thanks to all who contributed

dd

Fletcher

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 10:57:13 AM »

Glad to hear you found a solution!!

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:22 AM »

That's probably why I've had no problems with mine. I downloaded the newer software when a customer sent another newer machine in for mods. I used the midi cable and it worked in about 2 minutes.

If you get the analog/digital selection for each pair of tracks you have it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.