Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KM84i  (Read 3674 times)

Tamark54

• Real Full Name: Christine Roberts
KM84i
« on: February 11, 2013, 04:10:36 PM »

I have two KM84i mics and one does not have the capsule. Does anyone out there have any idea how much a replacement would cost please?

Fletcher

Re: KM84i
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:55:56 AM »

You should contact Neumann in Old Lyme, CT -- they used to have replacement capsules for KM-84i's -- something in the back of my mind tells me that they still do.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

John Willett

• Real Full Name: John Willett
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:06:03 AM »

You should contact Neumann in Old Lyme, CT -- they used to have replacement capsules for KM-84i's -- something in the back of my mind tells me that they still do.

Yes, but it's no use contacting Neumann in the USA as you are in the UK (your profile says "Reading").

Go to Sennheiser UK, who are just up the road from you in High Wycombe.

Tel: 01494-551-551

Talk to Martin Gathard (direct line - change the second 551 above to 544) who is the Neumann repair Guru - he will have the definitive answer for you.

Tamark54

• Real Full Name: Christine Roberts
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys. I will try the High Wycome number. Sounds like a good plan.

Fletcher

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:14:06 AM »

Hope it works out for you -- if not, get back to us as there are some guys in Germany who can certainly sort you out.

Peace
CN Fletcher

If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Mo Facta

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:08:09 AM »

I might need a new capsule for my TLM103.  I will be in Frankfurt in April for Prolight and Sound so does anyone have a lead for me on where I can go to buy a new one? 

Cheers :)
Quote from: Slipperman
That'll learn those arrogant LA *bleeps*.

http://shiftedaudio.co.za
http://gregbester.xp3.biz

Fletcher

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 07:18:19 PM »

Talk to someone at Neumann -- they can probably send one to Frankfurt if you don't feel like having it shipped from Berlin.
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.