R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: FOUR MORE YEARS!!!  (Read 11659 times)

Immanuel Kuhrt

Re: FOUR MORE YEARS!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 03:36:55 PM »

Here is a poll quoted in Denmarks second biggest TV channel:

* Norway: Kerry 74 pct. - Bush 7 pct.
   * Germany: Kerry 74 pct. - Bush 10 pct.
   * France: Kerry 64 pct. - Bush 5 pct.
   * Holland: Kerry 63 pct. - Bush 6 pct.
   * Italy: Kerry 58 pct. - Bush 14 pct.
   * Sveden: Kerry 58 pct - Bush 10 pct.
   * Great Britain: Kerry 47 pct. - Bush 16 pct.
   * Spain: Kerry 45 pct. - Bush 7 pct.
   * Checkoslovakia: Kerry 42 pct. - Bush 18 pct.

I think I will just let the numbers speak, and leave this debate. I don't know who is rigth or wrong. We are all believers, and sometimes time tells us that we where wrong.
Disclaimer - I ain't no pro

John Ivan

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 03:58:58 PM »

Immanuel Kuhrt wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 14:36

Here is a poll quoted in Denmarks second biggest TV channel:

* Norway: Kerry 74 pct. - Bush 7 pct.
   * Germany: Kerry 74 pct. - Bush 10 pct.
   * France: Kerry 64 pct. - Bush 5 pct.
   * Holland: Kerry 63 pct. - Bush 6 pct.
   * Italy: Kerry 58 pct. - Bush 14 pct.
   * Sveden: Kerry 58 pct - Bush 10 pct.
   * Great Britain: Kerry 47 pct. - Bush 16 pct.
   * Spain: Kerry 45 pct. - Bush 7 pct.
   * Checkoslovakia: Kerry 42 pct. - Bush 18 pct.

I think I will just let the numbers speak, and leave this debate. I don't know who is rigth or wrong. We are all believers, and sometimes time tells us that we where wrong.

Yes. And I understand that people don't want to consider the opinion of the rest of the World when it comes to who is in the White House but it really dose matter. When it comes to domestic issues, I see how it's none of their business but when it comes to where the damn bombs might land, I see why the rest of the world is scared to death.

I think that if more folks in the USA, my Country, paid attention to what was going on and got off their ass and voted,  Dubya never would have made it to the White House.
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

rvdsm

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2004, 03:05:08 PM »

I think I will just let the numbers speak...

Why would other countries waste time polling their people on who they think should win our election? So Kerry would win over Bush in all the countries listed before. Well perhaps Kerry should try his luck running for office in said countries where he is well received because he doesn't have a chance in hell in this one.
We walked along and talked along till we came to the levelest ground....then I picked up a stick of wood and I knocked that Boston bitch down!

John Ivan

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 05:14:20 PM »

rvdsm wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 14:05

Why would other countries waste time polling their people on who they think should win our election? So Kerry would win over Bush in all the countries listed before. Well perhaps Kerry should try his luck running for office in said countries where he is well received because he doesn't have a chance in hell in this one.

Please. Take a deep breath and think about what you just said. Think about why these people want to know who is going to running the biggest, most dangerous country in the world. There are countless reasons for this,
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

rvdsm

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 06:41:09 PM »

ivan40 wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 16:14

Please. Take a deep breath and think about what you just said. Think about why these people want to know who is going to running the biggest, most dangerous country in the world. There are countless reasons for this,

Please take and even deeper breath than you asked me to take and re-read my post and then your post. I know the rest of the world wants to know. However, once again, what does a poll accomplish? These people don't get to decide so polling them is useless. Our elections aren't decided by what other countries think.

Perhaps if Kerry gets elected that is something that could change in the future, but for right now US CITIZENS ONLY at the polls.
We walked along and talked along till we came to the levelest ground....then I picked up a stick of wood and I knocked that Boston bitch down!

Level

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2004, 07:37:04 PM »

http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

John Ivan

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2004, 10:28:25 PM »

rvdsm wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 17:41

ivan40 wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 16:14

Please take and even deeper breath than you asked me to take and re-read my post and then your post. I know the rest of the world wants to know. However, once again, what does a poll accomplish? These people don't get to decide so polling them is useless. Our elections aren't decided by what other countries think.

Perhaps if Kerry gets elected that is something that could change in the future, but for right now US CITIZENS ONLY at the polls.

I totally disagree with this Idea. If I were running for the Presidency,I would want to know whether or not "Old Europe" liked the Idea of me being president. I think more Americans than you might think would like to know this also.Just me 2 cents

Immanuel Kuhrt

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2004, 11:37:33 PM »

All I am saying is, that he scares me and many others. And one reason for that is the "Don't tell us what to do. We tell you what to do" attitude. The fact, that USA has so much power to interfere with other countries internal policy - and the fact, that we see it happening more and more (that is how I feel it anyway) actually does make it our business (a lot), who becomes your president. And when other polls says, that we believe Bush to be on the top10 list of people endangering world peace, it just underlines why we are interested in who gets your votes.

I fell, that USA is running a policy which isolates it from the rest of the world. And I don't think that is healthy for neither you  nor us  Sad
Disclaimer - I ain't no pro

John Ivan

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2004, 08:05:40 AM »

Yes Immanuel, I agree with you. There is a sense of entitlement that the right wing of the republican party has that really bothers me. I don't know If this is due to the fact that they feel our culture is "better" or what. I know lots of Christians who don't feel this way but there seems to be an increasing number of people who believe crusading around the world ,At gun point if need be, is an excepted course of action. I think this should scare the hell out of the USA and the rest of the world. I have never felt so intimidated and afraid of my government. John Ashcroft covering the breasts of the lady justice ,said it all for me. These people are putting forward an EXTREME view and it's time for normal people to have a shot at this.

For those who don't know much about Johnny do right, Here is a link.......

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/usa/john-ashcroft/

analog Tom

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2004, 12:51:29 PM »

rvdsm wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 12:05

"Why would other countries waste time polling their people on who they think should win our election?"

Since our current administration claims it has the right to send troops to decide who runs any other country, I suspect the citizens of every other country should be very concerned about whether this imperialism loving administration stays in office.  

The governments of other countries should be interested in knowing how their citizens feel - since our administration is trying to coerce other nations to kowtow to our orders and imperial adventures.  

But polls take for the press aren't the whole story.  We need to wait for other polls.  For example, most Britains seem opposed to our imperialism, but will they vote out Bush lapdog Tony Blair, or keep him in office while he sucks bush?

Cordially,
Tom

rvdsm

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2004, 03:12:56 PM »

analog Tom wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 11:51

rvdsm wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 12:05

"Why would other countries waste time polling their people on who they think should win our election?"

Since our current administration claims it has the right to send troops to decide who runs any other country, I suspect the citizens of every other country should be very concerned about whether this imperialism loving administration stays in office.

Does anyone know what I am asking?

Being concerned and taking a poll are not the same thing. You do make a good point though about Tony Blair.

Greg Dixon

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2004, 07:26:08 AM »

Well, as an Australian, one of the US' few remaining allies, I think you can learn a lot by looking at things from a distance. I think that you often can't see what's really going on, when you're right in the middle of it.
The overwhelming majority of the world, think that Bush is the BIGGEST threat to world peace. That has to tell you something. Our Prime Minister too, followed bush into Iraq, despite the majority of Australians being against it. Why? Because it would have been too risky to say no to such a dangerous man (we are a very small country -population wise, not land mass).
Sept 11 was a tragedy, that brought the world on side with America and then he went and turned it into Iraq. This was like pouring petrol (gasoline) on a pile of ashes. It was a small problem that sudenly exploded, uniting Muslems, who didn't even like Bin Laden, into a very powerfull force.
At this point, re-electing Bush (or is that electing him for the first time), will only confirm to the rest of the world, that the US doesn't give a crap about anyone else. The best thing you could do, is charge Bush with the war crimes he's guilty of. Otherwise, things are just going to get a lot worse, for ALL of us.

JPRisus

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 02:00:40 AM »

Well said Greg. I have some good friends in the 'land down undah' and they've expressed the same sentiment regarding Dubya and his regime. Between the list of personal freedoms he has robbed us of in the sake of National Security, this Orange Alert bullshit that he's scared over half the country into following blindly, and the draft bill that is headed to congress, slated to pass once he's reelected, plus the overhwhelimg notion that Osama Bin Hidin' is gonna pop up just in time for November 2, and I think we can all say that the proverbial fish stinks from the head down. Doesn't anyone else see how Bush has blurred the line between church and state? He's playing on people's emotions regarding God, 9/11, and patriotism; What? You don't like the Patriot act? Well maybe it's because you're a TRAITOR!, etc. Not a damn thing the Bush regime has done has made us any safer than we were pre-9/11, which was pretty damn safe considering what the rest of the world deals with daily. Bush's votes are coming from the blind, plain and simple. I just can't understand how anyone even remotely informed with what he's done could cast a vote in his favor. It shows how ridiculously dumb the majority of the voting public can be.

One more thing: GWB is the fucking Antichrist. There, I said it.
J.P. Sheganoski
Engineer/Mixer
www.RisusProductions.com
Purevolume.com/risusproductions

Your Ad Here!

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 11:40:39 AM »

Qualifications...I'll take the smart guy over the son of an ex-president any day.

JPRisus

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 12:45:12 PM »

Just talkin with a friend about this last night... if they actually do unveil Osama Bin Hidin' just before Nov 2, and the american public falls for it, then we deserve to suffer the consequences IMHO. I'd be so disgusted, i think i'd actually consider leaving this country if that happened. I wanna believe that the voting public won't fall for it, i really do.
J.P. Sheganoski
Engineer/Mixer
www.RisusProductions.com
Purevolume.com/risusproductions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.