R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have recent dealings with Style & Function Design Co. in FA?  (Read 2654 times)

tele27

Has anyone here had any recent business dealings with Akaul Somal and his company Style and Function Furniture Design? I had paid him for a workstation desk 6 months ago and have been getting the run around for delivery.  He had told me it would be ready after 8 weeks. Wanted to see if any one else had any recent experiences? Or if he is still in business.

Thanks

http://sfcustomstudiofurniture.com/styleandfunctiondesign.com

Fletcher

Re: Anyone have recent dealings with Style & Function Design Co. in FA?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »

Ouch - sometimes it pays to ask this kind of question in advance.  I've never heard of the company... but that's nothing new, there are a lot of companies I've never heard of.

I hope you didn't get taken for a lot of money... most of the time its best to find a local cabinet maker for this sort of thing... not always, but usually.

I wish you much luck in getting your furniture!!!

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

GSM Producer

• Real Full Name: Matt Gray
Re: Anyone have recent dealings with Style & Function Design Co. in FA?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:32:11 PM »

yes, i just bought a desk from him. Here's what I know...he didn't scam me...didn't take my money. I just received my desk last week. I ordered the desk back in AUGUST!
yes, he said it would take about 8 weeks, and obviously he took way longer.
I thought many times about checking up on him, or calling him up to complain...but each time I talked to him, he was very apologetic and truthful. He explained a lot of personal issues that held him up...I know, not very professional, but I'm a very patient guy.
I know, it's not a good way to run a business...but I just wanted to let you know from personal experience that in my case, it turned out NOT to be a scam. Honestly, I think that his online presence shows him to be a "company" but in fact, it's probably just him...like he builds these things by himself...without even an assistant and it takes him longer than he expresses at the time of sale. I also noticed that he outsources the metal parts of the desk, and who knows, with that, there's another means for delay...
I'm sure there are many many more options for getting a desk...but I went with akalo because he negotiated the price for me, and what I got was a lot more affordable than other "known" companies for it to be custom-made. So I traded a very long turn around time for less money. Now, I have not put it together yet, so maybe i'll post on here again and let you know about his craftmanship:)
Good luck - maybe just give him a call and be nice but candid with him and find out the "real" delivery date. He gave me a few over the course of the months, but the last one, the desk actually showed up on the porch!
Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 23 queries.