R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unreasonable Paypal Fees  (Read 2871 times)

klaus

Unreasonable Paypal Fees
« on: October 03, 2012, 02:10:17 PM »

Most of us use Paypal in microphone-related transactions, whether it's paying for an eBay purchase, a repair, parts, a private sale, or shipping.

The secret of Paypal's continued success: make it incredibly easy and convenient when immediate transaction or instant gratification is wanted. Because it's such an abstract money transaction, we push aside rational thinking that would make us thoroughly and calmly question Paypal's stiff fees:

And the company's mantra of "2.9% + 30 cents" translates to considerably more when small amounts are sent. I recently had to ask a client to pay the UPS pickup charge). Though it was only a measly $12 I requested, Paypal took a whopping 5.7% of that amount in fees.

It took former Paypal/eBay boss and billionaire Meg Whitman's $160 million investment in the 2010 California Governor's race for me to realize what a money machine Paypal really is. And it made me mad that I too had been too lazy all along to search for alternatives of remote, convenient forms of money transactions.

Instead of Paypal, I am now using "Dwolla". It securely transfers money between sender's and recipient's bank accounts for a mere 25 cents per transaction, regardless of the amount. (Sending money up to $10 is free).

The difference in fees can be staggering on, say, a $11,000.- U47 purchase:  Paypal's are 127,720% higher than Dwolla's!
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

J.J. Blair

Re: Unreasonable Paypal Fees
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »

I'm a big fan of receiving wire transfers, these days, if it's a large amount.  The bite PP takes really is a pain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.