R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpeakerAngle  (Read 3943 times)

HMassey

• Real Full Name: Howard Massey
SpeakerAngle
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:37:50 PM »

Hello everyone,

A few months ago I set up a new company called AudioApps in order to develop and market a line of innovative mobile apps geared towards both the home studio and pro audio markets.  I'm delighted to announce that my first-ever app has just been approved by Apple and is now on sale in the iTunes store ... for the princely sum of 99 cents. 

Called SpeakerAngle, it's the world's first digital tool for accurately measuring and matching the angling ("toe-in") of speakers in any stereo or surround sound system.  Developed in conjunction with my good friends at Genelec, I'm confident that SpeakerAngle will be a helpful tool for anyone interested in good-sounding audio,  from owners of project studios and home theater systems to staff at high-end professional recording studios.  If you own an iPhone 4 or 4S, an iPad 2 or higher, or an iPod Touch 4th Generation or later, I hope you'll go to the iTunes store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speakerangle/id549033688?ls=1&mt=8) and check it out!

Fletcher

Re: SpeakerAngle
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »

That's really a lovely advertisement for the product... you and Genelec should talk to Mark about actually buying some ads on the site [ya know - to kinda support the community you just spammed].

In the meanwhile, I'm going to save the 99¢ and continue to use a protractor and some string [string costing far less than 99¢]. 

However, seeing as you seem to have an in with the Genelec people... perhaps you can convince them to come out with a monitor that actually references worth a shit.  Nice Hi-Fi speakers, I'd gladly have them in my home listening environment anytime... fucking nightmare to try to get a mix out of them that actually references on the street.

As always... YMMV.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

HMassey

• Real Full Name: Howard Massey
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »

Sweet.  Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.   ::)

That's really a lovely advertisement for the product... you and Genelec should talk to Mark about actually buying some ads on the site [ya know - to kinda support the community you just spammed].

In the meanwhile, I'm going to save the 99¢ and continue to use a protractor and some string [string costing far less than 99¢]. 

However, seeing as you seem to have an in with the Genelec people... perhaps you can convince them to come out with a monitor that actually references worth a shit.  Nice Hi-Fi speakers, I'd gladly have them in my home listening environment anytime... fucking nightmare to try to get a mix out of them that actually references on the street.

As always... YMMV.

Peace

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 01:16:31 AM »

We aim to please...
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.