R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean up day yesterday.  (Read 2194 times)

Thomas W. Bethel

• Real Full Name: Thomas W. Bethel
  • When only the best will do.
Clean up day yesterday.
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »

I got really ambitious yesterday and cleaned up the mastering studio to make room for the new Analog Transfer Console that I am building. It is amazing how much "stuff" accumulates in various places and I found a couple of USB adapters, some unused XLR adapters and a couple of pens when I moved out our rack that houses most of our accessory gear. We also got rid of some equipment that we no longer were using (EBAY time) and did a general cleaning of the whole room. I wanted to get this done this week because we have a VO session on Friday and a vinyl mastering session on Saturday. (Some day I would just like to have a complete day to work on the back of some of our racks but it will have to wait.)

Right now we have a major transfer and restoration project in house. It is transferring 25 reel to reel tapes to CDs for the local college. The tapes are from the 60's and 70s and are in very good shape considering their age. Earlier this summer I completed a project to convert an unused Pentagon reel to reel duplicator master deck into a tape cleaning and spooling machine for the project and it worked GREAT for the purpose intended. Next item on the to do list is to work on the video studio.

FWIW
Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

Celebrating 29 years in business in 2024

When only the best will do...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 16 queries.