R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meeting/Webinar TOMORROW with Frank Laico: 30th St Studio Close-Up  (Read 2624 times)

Dan Mortensen

Greetings,

My apologies for the short notice, but I just realized that I have not yet posted here.

TOMORROW, June 19, we will be having an AES meeting in Shoreline, WA, titled "A Closer Look at CBS Records' Legendary 30th St. Studio", in which former "control man" Frank Laico will be speaking about his role in the studio, along with guests David Simons, author of "Studio Stories", and Steven Epstein, producer/editor for Masterworks who used the studio in the latter stage of its life until its demise.

We will be talking, looking at pictures and movies of the studio, and listening to too few of the many incredible recordings done at this wondrous studio by a remarkable recording engineer and his peers.

More details are at

http://www.aes.org/sections/pnw/

including how to sign up for the Webinar and how to view it using your JAVA-enabled and NON-POPUP-BLOCKING (both of these are very important) web browser.

Again, I'm very sorry about the short notice, but hope some of you can join us there.

Thanks,
Dan

Fletcher

Re: Meeting/Webinar TOMORROW with Frank Laico: 30th St Studio Close-Up
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »

Wow - that sounds amazing... hope you guys have a great day!!
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Dan Mortensen

Re: Meeting/Webinar TOMORROW with Frank Laico: 30th St Studio Close-Up
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »

Wow - that sounds amazing... hope you guys have a great day!!

Hi Fletcher,

Sign up and join us! It's free, and I don't know we'll be able to do it again although I have hopes.

Take care, and sorry again for the last minute notice.

Dan

PS Go here to sign up:

https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/637535887
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.