R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engineer looking to buy his first small-mid sized PA system  (Read 2886 times)

Klobes

• Real Full Name: Keith Loboda

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and joined because I have some questions about starting up my first rig. I've purchased 2 Yamaha S115V speakers and have a Peavey PV118. I'm looking to buy another PV118 to have a 1/1 rig. My question is about power amp modes. After what I've read thus far, I'm trying to figure how many watts I'm going to need to power the subs and tops. Could I power both PV118s( 400watts @ 8ohms per sub) with a QSC RMX 2450 in Parallel mode? That would mean each hooking up both channels outputs to each sub, which is receiving around 750watts right? Or could I also use only Channel 1 of the 2450 and use only the channel 1 output going to 1 of the PV 118s and then go from the first PV118 into the other? Would this still be putting a 4 ohm load on the amp if it's hooked up this way? Any clarification of this would be deeply appreciated.  :D

Thanks!
Keith

Patrick Tracy

Re: Engineer looking to buy his first small-mid sized PA system
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:01:55 PM »

You're in the Recording/Engineering/Production forums. The live sound forums are here: http://forums.prosoundweb.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.