R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Podcast - Humbly Submitted  (Read 2121 times)

BNB Sound

New Podcast - Humbly Submitted
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm usually a LAB guy but I've got something a little more suited for this crowd. I started up a pro audio blog to help teach the volunteers at my church. I got on the phone with a local studio owner last night and we rambled about gear, technique and philosophy for a hour.

Neither the blog nor the podcast pretend to be the last word in anything. It's just my friends and I talking about audio and sharing what we know. I'd love it if you'd stop by and take a look or a listen and leave some comments so we can continue to improve it.

http://smart2noise.blogspot.com/2012/04/snr-podcast-2-studio-talk-with-bmoore.html

Jon Dayton
Audio & Lighting Director
Wesleyan Church of Hamburg
Jon Dayton
BNB Sound

Fletcher

Re: New Podcast - Humbly Submitted
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »

Seems like a very cool idea... being a confirmed luddite, I have no way to experience the Podcast... but it seems like a very cool idea none the less!!

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

BNB Sound

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:09:06 PM »

Seems like a very cool idea... being a confirmed luddite, I have no way to experience the Podcast... but it seems like a very cool idea none the less!!

Peace
I say this without a trace of mockery.  My brain just leapt to a picture of me running a copy to Edison cylinder to send to you.
Jon Dayton
BNB Sound

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »

....actually a shellac 78 would be even better... I use my Victrola on a regular basis [don't like to listen to music at home that have electronics involved if I can help it... seems I always want to dick with the electronics... can't do that with a Victrola!!]
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.