R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable audio recording: Zoom H4n x Sony PCM-M10  (Read 5235 times)

leocorrea

• Real Full Name: Leonardo Winck Correa
Portable audio recording: Zoom H4n x Sony PCM-M10
« on: April 28, 2012, 07:52:01 PM »

Hi everybody. I need some professional opinion. I want to make audio recording of some conferences and i need to use a portable audio recording. What would be the best option if I have to choose between Zoom H4n (or Zoom H2) and Sony PCM-D50 (or Sony PCM-M10)??

Thanks.

jaykadis

• R/E/P Forums
Re: Portable audio recording: Zoom H4n x Sony PCM-M10
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »

Last year we compared many of the then-available portable recorders and found the Sony PCM-D50 to have the quietest mic preamps.  The difference, while noticeable, was not enough to render the other models unusable.  If there is significant background noise in the conference, preamp noise is of secondary importance.

Do you plan to use the built-in microphones or external ones?  How far from the source will the recorder be placed?

Syncamorea

• Real Full Name: Jay McCoy
Re: Portable audio recording: Zoom H4n x Sony PCM-M10
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:35:46 AM »

I've used the Zoom extensively and agree that it has some noise on the pres.  I wanted to be able to run external condenser mics and that swayed my choice at the time.  I'm happy with it and it works great for recording conferences with the built-in mics and is better with a boundary mic.
Is there an echo in here?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 19 queries.