R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which automatic mixer  (Read 2219 times)

pepe492

• Real Full Name: Peter
Which automatic mixer
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:29:58 AM »

Hello,

I have 10 conference rooms in my company. We need to install audio equipment for recording our meetings.
I have two offers from a company, one is based on Lectrosonics DM812 audio mixer and the other one is based on Clearone SR1212.

Does anybody has some experience/recomandations regarding those mixers?

Thanks.

Fletcher

Re: Which automatic mixer
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »

I have no direct experience with either specific products -- but I do have experience with the Lectrosonics company, and have to say that the people with whom I have interacted with at Lectrosonics are absolutely "top shelf".  I have watched them innovate, have an ear toward audio, stop and regroup when audio might be compromised [a trait I highly respect], and overall - do the right thing in an industry segment that is all too dedicated to the "bottom line" over audio excellence.

I hope this is of some assistance... like I said, I have zero experience with either specific product.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

John Roberts {JR}

• Real Full Name: John Roberts
  • 10,000+
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 09:05:50 AM »

Might be a good question to ask here  http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/board,33.0.html

JR
Circular Science     http://RESOTUNE.COM

"tune it or don't play it..."

pepe492

• Real Full Name: Peter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 02:01:46 PM »

Thanks.

pdcsinger

• Real Full Name: brent handy
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »

Hello,

I have 10 conference rooms in my company. We need to install audio equipment for recording our meetings.
I have two offers from a company, one is based on Lectrosonics DM812 audio mixer and the other one is based on Clearone SR1212.

Does anybody has some experience/recomandations regarding those mixers?

Thanks.

I install and service the ClearOne.  Unless you are forced into using ClearOne for your teleconferencing, I would look elsewhere.  I hate it.  If you just need an auto-mixer, then I would recommend Symetrix.  Go for the Jupiter to start.  You can connect them to your network and control them remotely from a desktop, set up a gain sharing auto mixer, gating mixer, etc (all with full DSP on the ins and outs), and/or connect it to a wireless router, to be controlled by ARC-Web, a smart phone application.  These are very cool units and much cheaper than Lectrosonics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.